1-on-1 // Blueprint By :: Chris Kenner

Sep 2, 2007
Great review -- and I agree completely that Blueprint is an amazing effect. The sleights taught are worth the price alone -- things that I will incorporate into my other effects and use every day -- and in addition to that, one also learns a fantastic routine, as well.

Definitely a must-have 1-on-1 in my book.

PS -- Those white Centurions look sick, but elegant, but still sick. ;)

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Do you have this 1 on 1? The cost of the control alone is worth the money of this 1 on 1. :D

However, I do agree with you about JP. I bought Static, I use Static, I don't regret buying Static. :)

-Doug

No, I don't have the 1on1, but I'm not trying to say that it looks bad. I just don't get some people around here.

Apr 24, 2008
This effect is actually very good when you are performing.
Chris, might if I use a "different" method for the "finding the finger printed card"? Like a couple of cuts, you know...

Sep 1, 2007
I could. :D

Anyways- about this effect. I think it looks awesome, but I don't see how people can totally bash JP for releasing simple stuff, but when Chris Kenner does it, he's still God.

Now, absolutely nothing against Kenner- I think he's awesome, and I think this looks like an awesome 1on1. I just don't get the mentality of some people here.
That's because JP released 3 really, really, awful 1 on 1s.

CK released this one trick that imo is kinda mediocre, but meh it's cheap and everything else he's released has been epic.

Jun 6, 2008
Disagree

I like JP's Static. I use it constantly. It's a good false-cut to learn for people new to flourishing.
I will also probably be picking up his Ace Cut method soon.

You can never appeal to EVERYONE. People who do usually end up making something that nobody likes.

John

PS: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread on a tangent. I bought Blueprint. Although the sleights weren't new to me, its always fantastic to see the presentational nuances of a master. Gotta love it. I've incorporated a couple of aspects of Blueprint into other routines. Good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
That's because JP released 3 really, really, awful 1 on 1s.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. And I think what most people forget on here is that these tricks are for LAYMEN, not for magicians. They were created with the intent of fooling and entertaining laymen, not magicians. Just something to think about...

Sep 1, 2007
It's all in the eye of the beholder. And I think what most people forget on here is that these tricks are for LAYMEN, not for magicians. They were created with the intent of fooling and entertaining laymen, not magicians. Just something to think about...

JP hasn't really released a trick as a 1 on 1, just a crappy cut and shuffle. Oh and the ace cut which was meh.

Dec 20, 2007
Now, i personally was not amazed with Blueprint, but to me that does not matter. I tested this trick out on spectators at a party last night, and i got ridiculous reactions, they were all shouting and screaming "WHAT THE $%@#" "HAHAHAHA" and so on. As long as a trick gets me good reactions, then i will continue to use it no matter how crap i think the trick is :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results