1 on 1?

Sep 11, 2007
Can someone please tell me why 1 on 1 is so revolutionary? am i missing something? or is this just a way to make what would be a 40 dollar dvd into a spread out hype fest that would cost 100 dollars instead with no over head of actually making a dvd? 1 trick = 5 bucks... 10 tricks = 50 bucks so on and so forth... and theres not actual DVD to "have" in your collection?

The Crash Course 2 dvd has 37 slights and tricks and is 40 bucks

40 bucks with 1 on 1 is 8 tricks and slights.

With that said Crash course 2 should be $185!

I don't get it... did they not expect someone to do a lil math? seriously?

If it were things like indecent or sinful or other "non-gimmicked" tricks I would agree and think wow thats amazing. Instead its wow I can do simple math and thats really a crappy deal. So where is the revolution? some one?

-Spinn

In my opinion, the great thing is that people won't have to buy a 37-sleight DVD or an entire book to learn that one thing they've been dying to get their hands on.

If it helps, I agree 100% with Proximo in his thread here (http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=778). There's one post on page 1 and one on page 2; personally, I agree with them both and think that 1on1 is a wonderful wonderful thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 11, 2007
ok cool... but what about the between stuff? like the stuff that talks about how to apply it, or handle situations... sure 1 on 1 will give a kinda quick answer but learning is deeper than that i think. I was really thinking it was going to be something different and revolutionary.
-Spinn

We have no idea what's coming next. For example, Aaron posted and said that he filmed a 1on1 on the double turnover. He said that they spent "a good deal of time teaching the timing, misdirection and theory you'll need to make sure you never again get busted performing one of magic's most challenging, misunderstood techniques."

For sleights and quick tricks, I'm not so sure you need a section on presentation, but based on what Aaron posted, I believe that if something needs to be understood about the presentation or theory of something in the 1on1 section, they're not about to leave it out.

Wow djspinndecks you really must have a problem with T11, from all your posts...But, I'll try my best to explain why:

Why it is revolutionary is that other material such as ninja or crash course 2 isn't taught by the creator themself. Most of the effects, sleights, etc. are taught by the creator or more modern "re-worker" of the trick knowing what your being taught is authentic and genuine and you know it works in peformances if it's performed by pros. Also the fact in other DVD's they just so you the tutorial and move on, with this it teaches you how to apply it to your routine, when it is suitable to use, misdirection you need to know. It not only teaches you how to perform it but, tells you exactly when you will perform it and how it's going to be done. If someone said (Im just doing an example so don't flame me) "Here's how you do a double lift, ya da ya da ya da, pick up 2 cards show it as one and that's the double lift." They're only telling you what T11 is doing is showing you how to incorporate it what they're doing is (example again): "When you do the doublelift as taught, act natural and keep your hands relaxed in a normal position so it seems like there is only 1 card. You can even do the most mindblowing of tricks with a simple double lift like showing the top card, which is really the second double lifted) putting on the deck taking the actual first card putting it under a glass and making it look like you've actually changed the card!"

That's my 2 cents

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Seriously dude give it a break. If you don't like the site just leave. Over on the Ellusnioist forums you're talking so badly about this place and how much the cards suck and how E's cards are so much better blah blah blah. You're trying to make a huge deal out of this but you are failing miserably because you are so ignorant it's not funny.

Well, actually it's quite funny.

Sep 11, 2007
Wow djspinndecks you really must have a problem with T11, from all your posts...But, I'll try my best to explain why:

Why it is revolutionary is that other material such as ninja or crash course 2 isn't taught by the creator themself. Most of the effects, sleights, etc. are taught by the creator or more modern "re-worker" of the trick knowing what your being taught is authentic and genuine and you know it works in peformances if it's performed by pros. Also the fact in other DVD's they just so you the tutorial and move on, with this it teaches you how to apply it to your routine, when it is suitable to use, misdirection you need to know. It not only teaches you how to perform it but, tells you exactly when you will perform it and how it's going to be done. If someone said (Im just doing an example so don't flame me) "Here's how you do a double lift, ya da ya da ya da, pick up 2 cards show it as one and that's the double lift." They're only telling you what T11 is doing is showing you how to incorporate it what they're doing is (example again): "When you do the doublelift as taught, act natural and keep your hands relaxed in a normal position so it seems like there is only 1 card. You can even do the most mindblowing of tricks with a simple double lift like showing the top card, which is really the second double lifted) putting on the deck taking the actual first card putting it under a glass and making it look like you've actually changed the card!"

That's my 2 cents

-RA69

this is a great explaination. Seriously thank you for taking time and thinking about the answer other than just blasting me for not following the mass herd into what was said to be great. If thats how the 1 on 1 is presented then its a pretty good idea. although i still think its over priced. As for the other post that followed this one... Give me a decent rebuttal to what I've said don't just say what I posted is ignorant without reason or thought because it made you upset... ::sniffle sniffle:: I took a lil time in a meeting with other magicians and came with some facts, thoughts, and questions... you came and said i was ignorant... hmmm you win lol. No seriously, give me something more than "your being ignorant ".
-Spinn

Vastago

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Mexico
What is wrong with you man?? everytime i check a post of you its somekind of whine about something you "consider" wrong...
stop it please...

If you are going to post an opinion ,dont just whine about why another product is way better....

T11 has a concept behind the 1 on 1 section, it was mentioned before...

its true, anyone can do math but the sleights they are teaching are waaay more useful or have the potential to help you in a vast number of tricks + they let you choose and give a description of the trick...

The crash course dvd its just a buch of sleights someonelse considered "good" for you (that point alone should make the dvd cheaper) and sometimes they dont explain it with full detail, sometimes they just show you the move they consider the best, like the push off double lift, why? because they think its the best way to show a card.
And more importantly you dont choose what you want to learn....

Aug 31, 2007
Well if you want to use pure math, the explanations/videos average around 10 minutes each. If that was multiplied by 37 sleights, that would be 370 minutes worth of tutorials, which is 6 hours of teaching. That becomes either 3-6 dvds worth of material.

Anyways, you're comparing apples to oranges. By your definition (and flawed use of math), Mark Wilson's Magic Book should outvalue everything else on the market because it's hundreds of tricks for 20 dollars. And, most of the sleights taught in compilation dvds are usually public domain, anyways.

PS. Please don't justify you explanation using "simple math" when your numbers mean nothing.

Sep 11, 2007
I posted this on my other thread and only find it fair to also post it here... I apologize for this thread, it was done out of frustration with T11.

"im sorry for the hard feelings, it wasn't my intentions to start out like this. I bought a product and really looked into it and was disappointed, I wrote a review and was torn asunder by people who actually work here... with my personality thats just fuel to the fire i guess. so i started looking for problems (your right there). it really bugged me when dana hacked his way through my complaints disproving them and then T11 says they are fixing the problems with the 2nd run. sure i made some negative posts, but no one gave me reason to even be positive here, mods didnt do jack if someone cussed at me or belittled my opinion and it just furthered this frustration. I shouldn't have started looking for problems and complaining and i can admit that i did just that. call me frustrated, ripped off, or down right disappointed in the lack of professionalism here. Frankly i shouldn't have been aloud to get away with some of the stuff i said, although many said much worse. So heres my final statement to the T11 guys: Please get better control of your forum, and really consider the statements you are making about your products that you sell, they are not bad but they can never live up to what you are saying. you have my apologies for my previous posts. although many points i feel were valid, perhaps better wording could have been used to come off on a better foot. I hope someone that reads this can understand that this is not just a "fan boy" post and that I really mean what i said. There is potential here, but its getting smothered. I hope the best for you and I hope you understand everything I said above. I just guess this isn't the right place for me."
-Spinn

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results