20 Questions Game Reveals How a Specator Feels

Nov 13, 2009
Hey Guys,

Sometimes as an illusionist I have a hard time knowing how the specators feel. I mean after you know the secrets and practice illusions for a long time you rarly ever get the that feeling of awe.

Sometimes I wonder how specators can sill be shocked at an effect even though they know it is all an illusion. I found an interesting thing that might explain some of how the specator feels. Have you ever seen those 20 questions games you can get at Walmart?

Basically its a little round game that has you think of something then asks you twenty quesions and reveals the thing you are merly thinking of. Now I know this is simply the proces of ellimination I know that the information has been programed into the game and that its all just calculated figures. But I must say when the game tells me what I am thinking it shocks me.

Even though I know exactly how it works there is something about the game telling me what I am thinking that is just amazing, I think in away illusions are the same way, people know there is a trick to it yet still when you tell them the card they merly thinking of, or when you vanish something into thin air, or when you tell them a word they found randomly in a book, they can't help but be amazed. Just as I am amazed at a simple 20 questions game even though I know there is a "trick to it." This was just something I noticed, I hope it made sense and I would love to hear what you guys think of it! So post away.

Thanks,

Christian

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
cool analogy, I see what you mean. But the whole "spectators know it's a trick" attitude has been killing magicians for a long time. Try to forget that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results