9/11 Magic

Nov 23, 2007
NC
That and Shanksville is what? 45 mile to your North.

Your mind starts tormenting in some situations.

Sep 1, 2007
I was less concerned that Pittsburgh would see any damage. We haven't been economically relevant since the steel mills closed down about 2 decades ago.

Still, I drove by the crash site in Shanksville a couple times a year going to and from college. Very sobering experience.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Well, i am not American, and when this hapened i was residing in Brazil, but my mother and i were watchingthe news coverage throughout the entire event. I have to say, your story certainly is moving Flyspazz, and it was a good read. It really was an act of savagery.

sigh

But, the magical moment was a very nice touch to the story.

Great work!

Sep 1, 2007
I know you didn't write that for sympathy, but that was really sad.

When you hear news reporters say 3000 people have died, that just sounds like a number,only when you hear the storys about people do you understand how tragic it really was.

Condolences.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
agreed, numbers are numbers to me...

thousands die each year in africa, yet no one pays attention to this, i feel as if this will be remembered forever, whereas unlike a war, it doesn't deserve to be remembered as a mass attack, sure people will always have personal grievances, but 9/11 should be forgotten, for the good of everyone, it only generates hate IMO...

still, you have my condolences..

Nov 23, 2007
NC
agreed, numbers are numbers to me...

thousands die each year in africa, yet no one pays attention to this, i feel as if this will be remembered forever, whereas unlike a war, it doesn't deserve to be remembered as a mass attack, sure people will always have personal grievances, but 9/11 should be forgotten, for the good of everyone, it only generates hate IMO...

still, you have my condolences..

The only reason I'm not going to light you up for that is because this is a magic forum and not a political one. Everything you said was not just your opinion but it was factually incorrect. If you want to discuss further shoot me a p.m.

Thanks all for the kind words but I didnt write this to get condolences. I wrote it to illustrate how much magic can really affect peoples lives.

Let me give another example. Magicians always tell of crowd reactions when they performed this or that. How everyone was happy and enjoyed it at the barbeque, birthday party, celebration, or other fun event.
Thats great but I'm trying to dig a little deeper. Peel off that perfect layer and see how it really affected people to the core. Its easy to feel good when everythings hunky dorie but what do you take with you when the going gets tough. That exposes how you were really affected.

Can those of you that understood help me out a little here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results