A Farewell...

Aug 31, 2007
You'll be hearing from my lawyers do to copyright infringement. Good Day sir.

Sypris - Freakin A?

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
i think steer is some 14 year old prepubesnt teen in his parents basement who talks as if hes the best at everything0 magic, getting women, intelligence, having a "life", yet amasses over a thousand posts on a internet forum, and whines and complains when he is banned from a place he so often scrutenized...

Phenomena says- dont let the door hit you etc.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
i think steer is some 14 year old prepubesnt teen in his parents basement who talks as if hes the best at everything0 magic, getting women, intelligence, having a "life", yet amasses over a thousand posts on a internet forum, and whines and complains when he is banned from a place he so often scrutenized...

I think Phenomena is trying to get into an argument for the sake of it. What's wrong with a little arrogance? Steer posted some of the most thought provoking posts I've seen here and taught me and taught me to take different views in matters. I have a lot of respect for Steer.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Personally, I appreciate steerpikes views and contributions to discussions. I don't however, appreciate the way that he puts forward his opinions. I think it's a shame that he is leaving, because there are a lot of life skills that we must learn about communicating in a respectable way with others. Perhaps that lesson needs to come from some place other than an online community though, which is fair enough. But once he does learn to communicate his opinions in a way that others can consistency respect, I'd like to see him back. He had some really good and challenging things to say (I'm sure I'll see him on other forums tho).

Sep 1, 2007
Man I'll miss Steerpike. You know steer, I took a break for a long time from forums in general, trying to wade through the magic boom that set in when Criss Angel transformed magic in the worst way.

Now I'm back, for a while I think, with a much greater understanding of not only magic, but my own style, and trying to be pro-active about what I've been practicing for so long, so I'm trying to get restaurant jobs and such...

anyway back on track, maybe people around here like you more than you think, but whether it's time away for a little while, or you're leaving us for good, there are people on these forums that appreciated you're presence.

Including me. Cheers SteerPike

~Beans

Steerpike, I am one of those people that has had my disputes with you in the past and I am not afraid to admit it. You and I have had some major disagrreements and I have confidence that you dislike me with a burning passion. However, I highly respect your points of veiw and even tried to get the ban on you lifted earlier.

Don't you think that people here respect you? Of course we do. You are one of the most knowledgeable people on this site and I would have loved for you to be a moderator. You holod a vast knowledge of our art and how to portray it which is why many people look up to you.

We can not afford to lose you. I believe that the reason so many people had or have a problem with you is because they do not understand your points of veiw on different aspects of the magic community. You would often engage in debates about things that very well could have been resolved with a lot less swearing and bashing. I also noticed that you only seemed to engage in conversations with people who shared opposing veiws with you. What if instead of fnding people who don't agree with you, you go and find people who do.

I know this is going to sound a little hard to believe but here it goes. Obviously there are people that do not like you. However, there are people who DO like you as well. Me included. I like the tone you bring to this community and I love interacting with you, and I know others feel the same way.

Steerpike, come back here. Find me and others that share your points of veiw and together we can educate the younger and more naive magicians...

I will send this to your email also...
Dylan Piknick

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Damn, that's disappointing. I was wondering where you went, and now to come back to this kinda runined my day :(

Well at least know that your efforts weren't completely wasted. When I first came here, I was a mirror image of the status quo magic noob. After reading what you said, getting pissed off, reading what you said, getting pissed off etc. you started to grow on me. I disagreed with you, but I respected you. I took a bit of a break from the forums for a few weeks recently, thought about everything you've ever posted about, and realized that you were right...every time. I've learned that the hard way sometimes in my feudal attmempts at trying to argue with you, but other times I'd just read what you'd say and come to the conclusion you were a moronic narcissist. Oh how far from the truth... So thanks, you've single-handedly taught me more than most teachers have. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh

See this is one of the reasons he doesn't like this forum. I happen to know that he is a regular performer. He's told me about his performance areas and I've driven by them a couple times since I live very close to him. The fact of the matter is that he's three times the magician most of you will ever be. Yet you continue to run him down like you're better than him.

I'm sorry to see you go man. I'll miss watching you own all of the people who dare to argue with you.

-Kevin

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
You suck, I hope you never come back. Go do your dark magic lololol, you probably have no friends anyway.

<3
- Sean

EDIT: Playing it safe - If you think this is a serious flamerised post, you really don't know me. ;)

Sep 3, 2007
Hey there Steerpike,

Just like many of the others we've had our differences. I didn't know you were banned but I noticed you weren't posting here. I had some thoughts on going back to E after my ban is over and it didn't take me too long to consider my choice.

Just like me, you put a lot of heart and dedication into whatever you do. Including things you may not agree with. You speak your mind, as do I, and a lot of times it gets you nowhere. But here's the thing. People hear what you're saying. What I've noticed is that sometimes you have a hard time hearing what others are saying to you.

You realize that picking and prodding is a simple way to piss someone with high standards into an oblivion! But you fail to realize that you are picking and prodding and spurring those with low standards to take hold.

What I'm really saying here is that you shouldn't just drop an idea because it didn't work for you or someone didn't like it. If there is a room full of fools listening to a genius what do you expect? The fools to understand or Einstein to understand them?

Peace man.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
I predict the resurgence of the kvlt kiddies. This board won't be the same without you, Steer.

For those who thought he was too harsh: His ability to be provocative was often mistaken for being rude. I would encourage you to think of the teachers who taught you the most. Chances are they were not the friendliest, and challenged you often.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results