A Quick Question...

Jul 28, 2009
New York City
Hello all,

I recently saw a performer in Madison Square Park in New York doing a trick with two soda cans. Both were unopened. He had one spectator hold the first can, and another spectator shake the second can. Then, he apparently transported the fizz from the shaken soda can to the unshaken one. Upon opening both cans, the shaken one was flat, and the unshaken one exploded. I remember him telling me the name of the trick, but I can't seem to remember what he said. Does anyone have a clue as to the name of the effect?

Thanks,
J

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello all,

I recently saw a performer in Madison Square Park in New York doing a trick with two soda cans. Both were unopened. He had one spectator hold the first can, and another spectator shake the second can. Then, he apparently transported the fizz from the shaken soda can to the unshaken one. Upon opening both cans, the shaken one was flat, and the unshaken one exploded. I remember him telling me the name of the trick, but I can't seem to remember what he said. Does anyone have a clue as to the name of the effect?

Thanks,
J

I think it´s called Fizzmaster by Paul Harris... I really don´t remember...but I am pretty sure is that one..

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I don't think its actually a commercial trick. A friend of mine showed me this once, and just told me he had just thought it up. Its simple enough. But, since it might be commercial, i won't say how its done, though i can tell you, the way my friend showed me was pretty obvious.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Fizzmaster can be found in The Art of Astonishment Volume 1.... or is it Volume 2.... maybe Volume 3? Ah well, it's in there somewhere! There's also a sneaky handling published in MAGIC Magazine about 8 or so years ago called Fizzmaster Roulette, which uses the concept of the original effect in the form of a Russian Roulette routine using coke cans.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Also, if any of you have the True Astonishment disc set, you can find Wayne Houchin doing a charming stage performance, using a kid as the assistant and their parent as the victim. Really enjoyable and magical performance.

Lloyd

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results