ACAAN Effects

Nov 10, 2009
I want to get an acaan effect that doesn't use any gaffed deck, and doesn't use any other diffrent colored card, i just want them to name the card they want and count the cards, then stop at the number that they want, and it's their card.

Which one do ull recommand? Please give me some ideas about which product to buy, i don't know anything about acaan products, thanks guys.

May 7, 2008
MoNTReaL 514 *****!
The advocate by daniel madison allows you to do such a thing..
and my personal favorite is daniel garcias ACAAN on volume one or two. but i can't remember..

Nov 10, 2009
which one better? Now im down to Impromptu Card at Any Number trick Barrie Richardson or DG's CAAN ? or do ull have any other recommandations?

My favorite one is the one by David Berglas, but i don't think it's released right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 10, 2009
yes i did, now i need people to give me recommandations, and advices, and opinon about each product.

visualartist LOL, i like you style of replying on the fourm ... i guess everybody do too..

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
yes i did, now i need people to give me recommandations, and advices, and opinon about each product.

visualartist LOL, i like you style of replying on the fourm ... i guess everybody do too..

they certainly do. They liked me alot more when steerpike was here.

I honestly dont know much about acaans because I dont like them.
But to my knowledge id say Daniel madisons ACAAN in advocate is vey close to what you want.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Garica's is on Volume 3 if I am not mistaken. However it is fairly similar to Richardson's.

On imentalism there is a free ACAAN ebook you can download that has some interesting ideas in it and all the methods are with a normal deck and mostly impromptu.

An other interesting one is Patrick Redfords from his Largo notes.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I want to get an acaan effect that doesn't use any gaffed deck, and doesn't use any other diffrent colored card, i just want them to name the card they want and count the cards, then stop at the number that they want, and it's their card.

Which one do ull recommand? Please give me some ideas about which product to buy, i don't know anything about acaan products, thanks guys.

Sure. ACAAN is probably my favourite and most performed effect. Needless to say, there is a fountain of knowledge on this plot. If you're serious about performing an ACAAN, you will in time have to end up performing your own. The version I now perform is a combination of a number of routines in print, along with my own additions, which has in my opinion satisfied the conditions of the "perfect" ACAAN. But more importantly than satisfying conditions or magicians' tests, the routine will have to satisfy you, and be created to suit you. There are many good ACAAN routines, but only if you perform them well will they be good in your hands.

However, to start off with... John Born has a great book on the subject. Most importantly, he talks about how to present ACAAN, and common mistakes made that hinder beginners' performances.

If you can get your hands on it, it never hurts to look at Berglas' book, since he started the legend. It's out of print, but is published, at least partially. The basic concept is applicable to many of the routines you will read, including my own.

Barrie Richardson has a few good ACAAN routines in his books.

Juan Tamariz's Mnemonica contains a version of ACAAN which set the technical groundwork for my current ACAAN, though I no longer use any part of his handling except in concept only.

Oct 15, 2009
Extraordinary Proof (Andrew Gerard) from True Astonishments is a very elegant and satisfying ACAAN (not to mention virtually self-working).

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Extraordinary Proof (Andrew Gerard) from True Astonishments is a very elegant and satisfying ACAAN (not to mention virtually self-working).

though it can be adapted into a non selfworking version of ACAAN, Extraordianary proof is a CAAN (Card at any Number effect), which doesn't fulfil the criteria of letting the audience member name their own card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results