Advocate by d+M

Sep 1, 2007
I did my first performance of this today. I told my friend to think of a card I could never think of and then (after some build up), produced it from an empty pocket. He was more blown away by this than anything else I had ever done. He said (and I quote) "That's some Derren Brown s**t, man."

This is my new opener. It is an exercise in simplicity and beauty.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
has anyone tried it in front of an audience? If yes , i guess that attetntion is not on the gimmick while "handling" it inside of your p**** right?

I am asking because my father who usually catches everything (and knows about my obsession with the Gambler's Cop since i use a lot of d+M effects) and a friend i performed this to at a point looked at my p***** while shuffling.

George

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
has anyone tried it in front of an audience? If yes , i guess that attetntion is not on the gimmick while "handling" it inside of your p**** right?

I am asking because my father who usually catches everything (and knows about my obsession with the Gambler's Cop since i use a lot of d+M effects) and a friend i performed this to at a point looked at my p***** while shuffling.

George

You have to be prepared for that, keep talking to them so they're looking at you and try not to draw to much attention to the tool.

Jan 28, 2009
This goes back to the point that this is not the be all and end all of card magic. You need to be a good performer to pull this off. If you can't perform with it, don't use it otherwise you'll get busted and ruin it for everyone else, lol.

Lex

Dec 18, 2007
Chicago, IL
you should be thankfull he decided to release it

Oh believe me, I am. And I'm chuckling at all of the possibilities for combining this with Blood . . . .

It turns out that there were a few of the hard copies left--we'll see if I will be able to get one. Either way, though, this is a lovely piece of work.

Jan 23, 2008
Leeds, UK
Now, although I work closely with DM, this was as much of a surprise for me as it was for most others. Although I’d seen the earlier prototypes I didn’t see the final idea until a day or two before release. Since it’s announcement, DM has been inundated with emails of thanks, reviews and general questions and so I thought I’d use this opportunity to talk about The Advocate, give a little more info and background whilst hoping to answer all questions…

DM has always used The Advocate in one form or another but only set out to release it to the world 4 years ago. The initial idea was a physical ‘built’ product that one would have to purchase… this went through a number of styles over the years as DM attempted to slim line and perfect the device. The 4 years however, weren’t solely spent in development… The Advocate has 4 years of study and research behind it; I’ve never seen DM so obsessed with perfecting an idea as he did with this one. It’s his most proudest release to date and in my opinion (as well as many others) his best release to date; the only problem he may find now is being able to create anything that has a chance of topping it.

Although DM has posted some testimonials at his site, he’s very modest about some of the fans of the Advocate, to name a few… Doug McKenzie & David Blaine.

On sale is the PDF e-book; instant download, and also the A5 printed, numbered and autographed book (until they have all gone.)
The book teaches you in-depth how to make the device, which takes about a minute, and there won’t be a magician who isn’t within reach of that which is needed to make it.
The main idea of The Advocate is that you can produce/reveal ANY freely named playing card, from anywhere at anytime… and it works 100% of the time on anybody. You do need a little bit of skill in magic and the same in showmanship, but anybody with the basic skills in magic will be able to work this to the best of its abilities.
I’m not here to talk through the effects but I will mention that there are hundreds of possibilities with the idea, and no stones are left unturned in the book… as soon as you know the secret and the handling, your brainhead will flood with ideas and you’ll want to jump right into a performance if not just to amaze yourself.

If there are any more questions you can ask me at R3man@DanielMadison.co.uk, or DM himself at Himself@DanielMadison.co.uk

On a final note and to answer 90% of the emails at once… yes, The Advocate works with ANY deck of cards

R3man

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results