Alternative for a shell

Jul 12, 2014
hey you all, I'm looking for an alternative for a shell coin. i want to be able to throw the gaffed coin in the air when in closed position. and it would be nice if the gaff is not pricey.
thanks in advance :)

Aug 17, 2010
There's a split coin, a flipper coin, a slippery sam (or a locking slippery sam), a Scotch & Soda might work (depending on the exact use), or you could switch the shelled coin out and toss an ungimmicked coin.

What, precisely, is the context? Why do you want to throw a shelled coin in the air, what's gone on before this, what do you want to happen?

Jul 12, 2014
There's a split coin, a flipper coin, a slippery sam (or a locking slippery sam), a Scotch & Soda might work (depending on the exact use), or you could switch the shelled coin out and toss an ungimmicked coin.

What, precisely, is the context? Why do you want to throw a shelled coin in the air, what's gone on before this, what do you want to happen?

first, thank you for the response. and for your question, i was doing a three fly with a half dollar shell. but i switched to morgan dollars and a shell is really expensive. all un gimmicked 3 fly versions a saw werent clean enough. and buying a morgan shell would be a big investment. so i might as well get something better.

also, with a split coin, can you show both sides of the coins when separated?

Aug 17, 2010
i switched to morgan dollars and a shell is really expensive.

Yeah, not much you can do about that. I have a peace dollar shell, and that was not cheap either. Any gaff for silver dollars (real silver ones) will be pretty pricey.

all un gimmicked 3 fly versions a saw werent clean enough. and buying a morgan shell would be a big investment. so i might as well get something better.

There's a weakness in every coin routine; to me, it's largely a matter of using the right one at the right time, where its weakness won't be brought to light. Sometimes you can't do a routine because someone is to the left, and they would have the angle to see into your palm, or one person is standing and one is sitting, so an edge grip would be exposed to one of them, etc. Some can be done surrounded, but this is more the exception than the rule, imho.

As far as three-flies go, there's something to all of them; either you have to hold out (and ditch) an extra coin, or there's a shell which puts a limit on the handling, etc.

also, with a split coin, can you show both sides of the coins when separated?

Nope. At least not the ones I've seen.

Maybe PM me if you'd like help brainstorming a solution or workaround. You can count on my discretion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results