Amazing new Ring Magic and Flourishes :o

Aug 5, 2008
Hi everyone,

As ring magic is the trend these times, I wanted to share my sleights and effects with you :)
New flourishes, color changes and sleights designed especially for finger rings, as well as classic magic revisited/enhanced (ungimmicked "no cheat" versions of "the ring thing" and "banded" by Garrett Thomas,"precious" by Brett Bishop, etc...)

But enough with the talking, here's the link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nPgsoNHhRU

I truly hope you'll enjoy as I included my best moves there :)

Last edited by a moderator:

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Pretty cool but your hands go out of shot way too much for me to really enjoy the video. I like the colour changes the most.

Aug 5, 2008
I see your point. The problem is that I wanted to give a rendition of how those moves look like live, and as the human eye doesn't keep focus as well as a cam does I had to resort on going out of frame a bit a few times to better emulate a live perf :(

I found it was better than using white flashes over the footage like it had been done in the de'ring trailer for example, as this looks more like there's video trickery going on... but that's probably just my personal preference ^^; Glad you liked the color changes, I like most of them too ;)

Sep 3, 2011
Middle of nowhere NY
Wow, absolutely incredible stuff you got there, I can only imagine how long you've practiced all of those...

I think I echo formula in saying that the only critique I have on it is your hands going out of view, which sometimes looked like it was used to accomplish the effect, ie, you already had a ring on one hand but it was out of frame, or similar. I could be wrong though as I didn't watch very closely. Anyways, your post above explained your reasons for that, which makes perfect sense, but I thought I'd mention it.

Really awesome work though!

Aug 5, 2008
(lol looks like the long reply with an illustrated example (the one handed switch at 1:25 is done twice in a row, without then with off screen action) is "waiting for approval" for some reason, so here's the short one anyways :

thank you very much for your input Crede :) and no, going off screen is never a requirement to accomplish the effects, just a safety net to hide actual action the camera catches while the human eye wouldn't (all these effects have been tested on laymen before making it to here ^^))

Aug 5, 2008
thank you very much everyone :) I'm glad you love it Rick :D

@Zenn : no problem, send me a youtube message anytime ;)

@renome : I'm glad you mention that particular move as it is one of my personal favorites (and one of the hardest to do x_x)

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I thought as much, something that visual and impromptu must be pretty hardcore.
All the more reason to say "bravo" one more time!

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Wow, well done my friend. I am a HUGE lover of ring magic and manipulation. If you ever decide to publish these (the Wire, or anywhere else) you have a guaranteed customer in me ;)

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hi everyone,

As ring magic is the trend these times, I wanted to share my sleights and effects with you :)
New flourishes, color changes and sleights designed especially for finger rings, as well as classic magic revisited/enhanced (ungimmicked "no cheat" versions of "the ring thing" and "banded" by Garrett Thomas,"precious" by Brett Bishop, etc...)

But enough with the talking, here's the link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nPgsoNHhRU

I truly hope you'll enjoy as I included my best moves there :)

That was pretty good man!! congrats!!

Aug 5, 2008
thank you very much :)
lol Toby it's still pretty much undecided, but if that ever happens I'll send you a pm I promise ;) Thanks a lot

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results