Ambitious 2 Card Routine

R

richardchild

PRE-PS: This is a slight variation of the Ambitious Card Routine, and it may even already exist.

The idea is that 2 people each pick and sign a card. Both cards are then placed into the middle of the deck, and each time they tap on the deck, their signed card appears. For this example, let's use the following cards:

Person 1: King of Spades
Person 2: Queen of Spades

1. Marlo tilt the King of Spades and then the Queen of Spades into the deck.
2. Ask person 2 to tap on the deck, then double lift the Queen of Spades to the top.
3. Then tell them that you're placing the Queen of Spades back into the deck, but it's actually a random card.
4. Ask person 1 to tap on the deck, then double lift the King of Spades to the top.
5. Then say to them that this even works without the magician touching the cards. Ask person 2 to tap on the deck, then ask them to reveal the top card, which is the Queen of Spades.
6. Person 2 removes the Queen of Spades from the deck.

There's now only the King of Spades left, which is currently on top of the deck.

7. Shuffle the King of Spades from the top into the 2nd position.
8. Double lift the King of Spades, showing person 1 that it's on top of the deck.
9. Cut the deck in half, then place the top card onto the bottom portion.
10. Hand the top portion to person 2 (which has the King of Spades on top).
11. Ask person 1 to then tap on the bottom portion, revealing a random card.
12. Say to them that actually person 2 is holding the top of the deck, then the King of Spades is revealed.

Sorry if this is too confusing! I'm new to magic and this is just an idea I had. I'd love to know what you think.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results