An Extension of Me | Available Now

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Hey Eric, loving the new material man...let me just say something about Mirage et Troi (spelling?)....if you dont mind. It was the first dvd that helped elevate my coin magic even further, now Im going hardcore and in depth jus as I would with cards. Ive used the 3 phased routine in my magic routines and for friends, and even tho im still working on getting it smoother...its a thing of beauty. I can't wait to pick this up, cuz your actually one of my favorite all around magicians, and hope success continues your way. Your friend Michael Weiss.

Hey Eric, loving the new material man...let me just say something about Mirage et Troi (spelling?)....if you dont mind. It was the first dvd that helped elevate my coin magic even further, now Im going hardcore and in depth jus as I would with cards. Ive used the 3 phased routine in my magic routines and for friends, and even tho im still working on getting it smoother...its a thing of beauty. I can't wait to pick this up, cuz your actually one of my favorite all around magicians, and hope success continues your way. Your friend Michael Weiss.

Michael,

thank you so much for the kind words. Mirage Et Trois is one of my workhorse routines. It's a complete coin act. I've found several magicians who have said they don't do much coin magic, who have added the material to their acts with great success. I'm glad that this material has been your springboard into the realm of coin magic. I wish YOU all the success in the world, and if you ever need any advice, or want someone to bounce ideas off, i'm only a PM away!!!!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Eric, can someone with basically no coin experience pick this set up and be able to work with the material if giving it enough practice or is it a bit much for beginning coin work?

I have a ton of experience with cards, rubber bands, magic props but none with coins so I was wondering how that would effect me.

Mar 27, 2009
Hey Eric,
Just wanted to say your coin handling is sick and El Cambio Nada is my favorite color change. Your new DVD looks amazing, but I've never dealt with coin magic before. I'm pretty sure your DVD isn't meant for beginners, so what would you suggest is good beginner's coin magic material that can prepare me for some more advance handlings??

Enieves and Reverhart,

Thank you both for your questions and comments. An Extension of Me covers material ranging from intermediate to advanced coin and card technique. While there are some knuckle busting moves and techniques, the majority of the material is quite attainable and EVERY technique not described in either Bobo's Modern Coin Magic or Royal Road to Card Magic are explained on this 3-DVD set in complete detail from multiple angles.

However, I understand you wanting to get a solid foundation in coin magic prior to making an investment in this set, and I applaud you both for wanting to do things the right way. Here's a short list of coin books and videos that will get you STARTED in coin magic:

-J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic (book)
-Edwin Sach's Sleight of Hand (book)
-Now You See It, Now You Don't (book)
-Introduction to Coin Magic by Michael Ammar (DVD)
*I HIGHLY recommend the serious student pick up this DVD. It will help reduce the learning curve immensely. It was the first video on coin magic I ever purchased.
-David Stone's Coin Magic Vol. 1 and 2(DVD)
-David Roth's Expert Coin Magic....Made Easy Series (DVD)

These books and videos are a must to learn the basics. Once you have learned all the basic palms, are able to drop one coin at a time from classic palm, you'll be ready to move on to the material taught in An Extension of Me. Thanks again for the questions, and if I can help with your development in ANYWAY, dont hesitate to give me a shout!!!!

Keep the questions coming guys!!!!!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thank you Eric for being honest. I'm glad that you didn't just say, "Yes...everything is attainable...pick this up as soon as you can."

I think I better get some basics down for my coin work first but maybe in the future will look at this set. I have zero skills right now with coins except a french drop and a sloppy classic palm.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Thanks foolzsight.

I know you'll enjoy the material once you're able to get your hands on it!!!!

I see you're in Raleigh. Have we met at any of the conventions in that area?

Tri C's or SCAM?

This past Tri C's we met. I'll be up at Magic Whirl in April, so I'll see you again up there.

Sep 3, 2007
This is a silly question because I lost a lot of PC data when I moved recently. Was it you that had some coin work up on Vinnie's site?

Thanks,

Drew

Dec 2, 2009
An Extension of Me 3dvd set by Eric Jones

If you haven't heard of Eric Jones then you will...I recently picked up his new 3 DVD set and I'd like to say that every routine is a KILLER! From sponge balls, cards to coins this man has turned magic in to a thing of beauty....We've all heard or said that magic is an art, well Eric Jones is a true artist. He had me hooked from beginning to end. You need to get get this dvd and learn every routine, the sleights are not difficult but the reaction you get from these effects are priceless. His moves are smooth and swift and proves that every move a magician makes is for a reason.

Now I'd like to say I don't personally know Eric Jones, but I know his magic will influence you. I've been in a "rut" on magic for a while, I felt like I was seeing the same routines, moves, gaffs, dvd's over and over just dressed up differently. This set has opened my eyes and has awaken the sleeping giant. I find myself excited to learn and perform his routines. Eric has taken all of the difficulty out of the routines and simplified it so that you can focus more on the audience, the patter, the presentation and become the magic, not just some guy that does tricks but thee guy that does magic. A lot of the routines show multiple performances which is great... you get to see 2 different approaches to the same effect...the angle shots are stellar and his instruction is crystal clear....

Here's what you get:

You get 1 case that holds all 3 dvds and a special envelope insert that has a beautiful kennedy half karate coin. The dvds showcase the following:

Speedfly: 2 different performances where 3 coins seem to instantly travel from hand to hand.. when I say instantly I mean it, it looks totally impossible....the coins travel automatically, I swear it looks like trick photography.

Peregrination: A four coin routine where the coins fly from hand to hand then ends with coins to spectators hand with a clean ending, you get a great entertaining routine with audience participation.

Flash Coins Re-Lit: My absolute favorite ...i jumped out of my seat and said YES....I found something different, edgy, flashy, classy, magical and memorable ....your audience will not forget this... coins appear out of bright flashes of fire....then vanish and appear again in a logical yet unsuspecting place. this one is a sure fire winner...you'll love this .

Elevator Cut, Trip. Rev, Swirl Production & Standing Room Only Collectors: You get to watch how a performer engages his audience into a wonderful routine that just flows from one move to another....it starts with a nice 4 king production... then follows with 3 cards selected and lost in the deck and ends with the selected cards ....well...you gotta get the dvd to know what happens next lol.... this is poetry in motion folks.

Eye Candy: A nice sponge ball routine complete with appearances, vanishes, multiple sponge balls, we all know how much people sponge balls.

El Cambio Nada: Holy Cow!!!(well that's the G rated version of what I mean) my mouth dropped and eyes popped out of my head...this is how a color change should look, flawess....Great Job Eric... I love this sleight.

Ambitious Force: This is clever, and not too difficult to perform...i'll be using this one for sure...this one also looks like trick photography.

Hellbound Remix: here's another one that stunned me... 2 silver dollars appear 1 at a time , both coins are placed in one hand and penetrates the palm to appear in the other hand, then both coins turn into chinese coins...You gotta love it...

ishkabibble: a very nice sandwhich effect... this one will be in your routine in no time. a card is selected , 2 court cards are chosen to find your selection ...the two court cards are shown face up and instantly your card appears face down in between the 2 court cards...not once but twice...both in incredible ways...

Oxyclean Coin Routine: This is the one shown on his teaser trailer..... I love this one ... He shows two performances , one is the "waterfall" scene and another is in front of spectators... You cleanly show both hands empty only to magically magic a coin appear, not just one coin but 3 coins... and as cleanly as you produce them you make each one vanish and leave the routine clean without ever going to your pockets...this one deserves a standing ovation...

Ambitious: I'm sure we all have our favorite Ambitious routine... this one is now my favorite.... I like how Eric brings both spectators into the mix...you'll understand my gist when you buy the set... There's a part on the dvd that hits me hard....its when the female spectator says " Wait are you really magic? is magic really real, I thought it was just tricks!"....thats priceless folks... that is what separates the trick from the magic ....

G.O.D.H.A.N.D. : This is a simple yet clever move that allows you to show a coin, make it vanish and show both hands completely empty then make the coin appear again...

Tai Chi Penetration: Oh boy I was waiting for this one... this is slick as ice, smooth as butter and easy as 1,2,3.... I've watched this over and over, even in the Bloopers section... oh yeah , there is some funny stuff in the blooper section and he does this effect over and over and it looks amazing... you can't catch the move...

Body-Loading Sequence: its part of the Tai Chi Penetration where he basically has fun with it, loading the coin on the shoulder, in the pocket and so on... very entertaining and fun to watch.

Impossible Production: Its a 4 coin production that makes you seem as if your made of money, just plucking coins from left to right... very pretty effect....

Impossible Coins Across: Please....practice, practice, practice...this routine is a killer, even Eric mentions on the dvd to please give this routine the time that it deserves... this is cool, you get to make coins vanish from the spectators hands and appear in your hands...not once but multiple times.... there's even a move where your spectators visually see the coins travel from one hand to another... its remarkable...

All in all I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this dvd set... The routines are all knockouts... the explanations are easy and clearly explained, the gimmick coin that comes with it is top notch and you will be doing some if not all of the effects on this dvd....

Where can you buy it? www.ericjonesmagic.com or www.kozmomagic.com the 3 dvd set with gimmick coin is $90, well worth it, and you won't be disappointed.

this set will become a classic so purchase 2, one for you and one to keep in plastic. there's my review...

I'm out
Junior :)

Wow.

Junior thank you for that terrific, well written review. I hope that some of the material finds its way into your repertiore. As I've stated elsewhere, each of these effects are worker. No Fluff, all effects and techniques that I use on a regular basis in front of PAYING audiences.

I'm so excited you those who have bought the set and wonder what YOU think of it? I would love to hear your thoughts. If you aren't willing to post publicly, please send your thoughts via PM or e-mail at eric@ericjonesmagic.com I can't wait to hear feedback.

E-

Aug 31, 2007
Eric,

Looks fantastic. If I wasn't saving up for the T2i, I would buy this right now. Looks very well done, I may buy it just for your Spellbound routine. I still am dumbfounded by that one. I will try and purchase this as soon as I get the money, and I'll be sure to write a review, or do a video review of it. Congratulations on your release!

~Zach

PS
What'd you think of Bioshock 2 :)

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
will you ever release the three DVDs separately?

cause i feel like i could handle the card and sponge material. but i'm not ready for the coin stuff. still got some practicing to do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results