An Introduction : The AIP Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
It might be just me, but i really don't get the point of it. I mean, maybe it's hard to make, but i just don't see the point.

Ah well.

:rolleyes: Maybe... Have you ever thought about it as more than face value. It's a sealed deck inside a bottle. It's an impossible creation, and the name of it is an "Anything Is Possible" bottle, it's supposed to be an inspirational piece of art, to remind anyone who walks by it that anything is possible!

Of course, most of you here are just ignorant asses who shout, squander and whine at anything they don't understand and either blame it on stooges (if it's an effect) or call it just plain stupid for reasons none other than 'it just is' or they 'don't get it'.

As far as price goes, saying that it's just not worth it is a bit of a meh argument don't'cha think? :rolleyes: Especially when you consider that some soccer/football players get paid millions of dollars/pounds just to kick a ball around, nurses on the other hand save lives, dedicate their lives to saving others and they get paid about a quarter of that if they're lucky. What I'm trying to get at is that this guy makes these off his own back, in his own time and with his own materials. The cost of this probably comes to about $20 when you consider the deck, the bottle and work-power, and of course with fairness he wants to make a profit.

Maybe I'm just ranting 'cause I can't stand ignorant asses who quite obviously don't understand.

- Sean

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
:rolleyes: Maybe... Have you ever thought about it as more than face value. It's a sealed deck inside a bottle. It's an impossible creation, and the name of it is an "Anything Is Possible" bottle, it's supposed to be an inspirational piece of art, to remind anyone who walks by it that anything is possible!

Of course, most of you here are just ignorant asses who shout, squander and whine at anything they don't understand and either blame it on stooges (if it's an effect) or call it just plain stupid for reasons none other than 'it just is' or they 'don't get it'.

As far as price goes, saying that it's just not worth it is a bit of a meh argument don't'cha think? :rolleyes: Especially when you consider that some soccer/football players get paid millions of dollars/pounds just to kick a ball around, nurses on the other hand save lives, dedicate their lives to saving others and they get paid about a quarter of that if they're lucky. What I'm trying to get at is that this guy makes these off his own back, in his own time and with his own materials. The cost of this probably comes to about $20 when you consider the deck, the bottle and work-power, and of course with fairness he wants to make a profit.

Maybe I'm just ranting 'cause I can't stand ignorant asses who quite obviously don't understand.

- Sean

*sigh* Im just protecting my initial opinion that this product, no matter who makes it or how much work is put into it just doesn't seem, to me, to be worth 100 dollars. I don't care if it's Jeremy Clarckson who moulds them out of his own sweat, it still would not, for me, seem like a good buy.

I understand your point, but not everything can be hippity hopidee awesome all the time, and there comes a point when some of us just have to say no, and stand by it.

Okay, so it's 'impossible'. And it's 'Inspirational'. For me, it's still pointless. I will never buy it, so look at this as a negative review. After all, i'm allowed to write those aren't I?

If I made something out of my own sweat and started advertising it everywhere, not everyone would like it. That's just the way it works around the world. If everyone started sucking up to everything (mind you, im not calling anyone here a suck-up, im just saying...) and being mindless consumers, then the world would lose all it's resources and dry up. Not really, but...argh, i dont even know why i bother.

I dont like it. That my opinion, which seems fair to me. You like it. You know, Be happy about it, whatever floats your boat, but don't try to change my mind. Not like that.

and **** me for being an ignorant ass, but at least im an ignorat ass with a stalwart opinon and an ignorant ass who will stand by it.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
That's the argument I was looking for, thank you. :) Though I'm not trying to change anybody's mind, moreso... trying to keep it open I guess, if that makes sense?

- Sean

P.S. I don't like Jeremy Clarkson :p

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
yeah alright...although we'll have to settle this Jeremy Clarckson stuff later on...

*sigh* arguments are fun. Im still waiting for an opportunity to use communism, oppression, brave new world and 1984 on something...

Jamie D. Grant

theory11 columnist
Oct 12, 2008
Vancouver
www.cardsinabottle.com
Holy smokes, lol.

I just wanted to make a quick intro beforing diving into posting about who I am and something I've done.

With regards to the "Anything Is Possible" bottle, it's art, plain and simple. Considering that a poster you put on your wall is around $40 and a painting can be millions, $100 wasn't out of the ballpark. If you love it, which I'm very proud to say that hundreds of people in the magic community have (including some of the biggest names out there), then awesome. If you don't, no hard fellings, and I hope you don't hold it against me, lol.

Looking forward to looking around here,

jamie d. grant
www.jamiedgrant.com

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Nah, i think i meant laughter. I'm not making fun of it - pardon me if i have, but i feel that its...unusual. Anyways, the link shows a milk bottle surrounding an unsealed deck...uhhh...$100?

seems a bit much for that. It might be just me, but i really don't get the point of it. I mean, maybe it's hard to make, but i just don't see the point.

Ah well.

Its art, a permanent piece of strange.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
yeah alright...although we'll have to settle this Jeremy Clarckson stuff later on...

*sigh* arguments are fun. Im still waiting for an opportunity to use communism, oppression, brave new world and 1984 on something...

Ooh. I studied Brave New World this year. 1984 is one of my favourite novels. I study Communism in a few contexts... Hmm... Oppression... Theatre of the Opressed in drama? xD

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Holy smokes, lol.

I just wanted to make a quick intro beforing diving into posting about who I am and something I've done.

With regards to the "Anything Is Possible" bottle, it's art, plain and simple. Considering that a poster you put on your wall is around $40 and a painting can be millions, $100 wasn't out of the ballpark. If you love it, which I'm very proud to say that hundreds of people in the magic community have (including some of the biggest names out there), then awesome. If you don't, no hard fellings, and I hope you don't hold it against me, lol.

Looking forward to looking around here,

jamie d. grant
www.jamiedgrant.com

Exactly, I bet had it been David Blaine promoting his $100 signed posters (Which I own by the way) everyone one of these youngn's would have been all about it. I dont think most here have reached a level of maturity to quite appreciate something like this. Anyway.... I have wanted one of these for quite some time. I remember a while back on the Magic Cafe someone was making these with the 1800 decks.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Ooh. I studied Brave New World this year. 1984 is one of my favourite novels. I study Communism in a few contexts... Hmm... Oppression... Theatre of the Opressed in drama? xD

Yeah, im delving into 1984 now, and i wrote a really good essay on those hedonistic dullards from Brave New world. The book is really good, although the ending leaves you...lingering. No, I dont do drama so I have not a shot in hell at what Theatre of the Opressed is...But im always part of a sparking Communism Capitalism argument.;)

Exactly, I bet had it been David Blaine promoting his $100 signed posters (Which I own by the way) everyone one of these youngn's would have been all about it. I dont think most here have reached a level of maturity to quite appreciate something like this. Anyway.... I have wanted one of these for quite some time. I remember a while back on the Magic Cafe someone was making these with the 1800 decks.

please don't spark up another argument on this, me Sean and rabid already had a pretty big discussion, and it started because of your so called 'maturity'' idea. Read through the previous posts before you restate such a thing.

ooh ooh, It was Jamie Grant who made the 1800's, it even says that on his site.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Um...two things here:
Now you're all going to hate me for saying this as we've all heard it before but still...
If you don't like it or find it overpriced, DON'T BUY IT. No need to tell the world that you aren't going to buy it. For heaven's sakes, some people around here...

And secondly, hasn't this got incredibly off topic? Someone introduced themselves to the community and you all started flaming him for something he's made? Pathetic. What do you think he's going to feel about the Theory11 community now? Good first impressions, people...

Rant over. Hey Jamie, welcome to T11. We aren't as bad as we look though we do only wash once a month. Don't believe anything anyone says as we are all magicians. Apart from that, enjoy your stay.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Although cool, advertising is not permitted in the forums. That said, I'm not sure why this particular product is causing so many arguments.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results