ANACONDA DVD REVIEW - Not what you think...

Sep 1, 2007
The description teaching it wasn't very specific. People thought it would be an in depth tutorial. It ended up being a disappointment.

I started to practice the Anaconda today, and I must say that my Anaconda is starting to get pretty long. (Teehee!)

-Doug

Agreed, I looked it up and it barely helps, doing a regular dribble is almost the same.

On the other hand, I have come a across 2 places to download both dvds for free, I linked them to Huron but no responses yet.

Feel free to doubt (Y) lol But bear in mind I've been working with cards for 17 years (Y)

I don't agree with everyone having a go at you for doing so though! That's well harsh! for all you know I could have been blatantly lying and I actually don't even have any fingers (well, there are shots of my fingers around, but I'm a photoshop G :p)

I was simply offering another side to the story, I was happy with my purchase, when the tut ended I thought it was a little abrupt, but it worked for me and I'm sure lots of others.

Best,

DC
Photoshop Guru, with no fingers....

J.

Mar 3, 2009
they dont just change the grip they change the form just a tad and yes thay over hyped everything but i still like it and i love the new flourishes

Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
this dvd is the worst purchased ive made in my life ...their is no detail...a fraking dvd for 4mins ....grr i will never buy anything from them again...i fell ripped off

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys, got my Anaconda dvd in the mail today, watched it, so I thought I'd write up a little review. I'm going to get a lot of flack from this, but I don't think I've ever been so dissapointed with a flourishing dvd. Atleast I laughed my ass off at Showoff 3.

First of all, I knew I wasn't going to get revolutionary/new techniques on this dvd. I knew the material is kind of old, but I did see that Bones Anaconda did look pretty slick and the bonus moves looked pretty tight in the preview. I also thought the teaching would be second to none. I was wrong on most of these things.

The teaching section for the Anaconda clocks in at an insane 4 and a half minutes. Are you freaking kidding me? I spent 30 bucks on 4 and a half minutes?! They discuss NO tips or extra things to help get your dribble longer. There is NO new technique. NOTHING NEW. Unless they claim catching it in a straddle grip to be new...

All he teaches is the very basic technique. How to dribble the cards from a centimeter away from your other hand. Nothing is said on how to control the cards when you hands are 2 feet away from each other. Anyone whose tried this move knows its pretty tough to get huge and land clean. This isn't even discussed either. They have a SINGLE caption which is somewhat helpful, and its about catching the cards. A SINGLE caption. This is not enough to make any signifcant difference whatsoever.

Another thing that pissed me off is no where on the dvd can you find a performance of the dribble that isn't in slow motion. This is supposed to be a real laymen friendly flourish. Last time I checked you can't slow yourself down when performing.

The bonus moves are cute at best. Hindu Tornado is cool, we've all learned Hot Stones, the one handed T display is kind of cool, the one handed cut is kind of meh and the shot, Butterfly, is one of those things that anyone whose been handling cards for a while has done. I kind of look back and wonder why I got this dvd. Fail on my part.

Honestly, I have gained close to nothing from this dvd. Only thing I liked was Hindu Tornado, and I don't even know if its an original move(I'm pretty sure Jerry does it in one of the companion discs to EPoCF.) Seriously, you can learn the Anaconda from the old tutorial, its the same exact thing as this. The one thing that reeeally pissed me off was they never went over height at all. Its just...I don't know. the guy in the preview said its broken down so a laymen can learn it. I will quit flourishingthe day I see a layperson do an Anaconda as big as Bones from watching this dvd. Lemme tell you something...I ain't quitting flourishing anytime soon.

Couple an over-hyped dvd with ****ty customer service, and you get an angry flourisher. I DEEPLY regret buying this dvd.

I can't agree with you any more.

People were saying "THEY GO INTO SOOOO MUCH DETAIL!!!!!!!!!!"

Bullcrap. Terrible detail. And yes, the main move on the DVD was taught the worst. Stupid Anaconda... The PDF on HL teaches it better.

May 9, 2008
I can't agree with you any more.

People were saying "THEY GO INTO SOOOO MUCH DETAIL!!!!!!!!!!"

Bullcrap. Terrible detail. And yes, the main move on the DVD was taught the worst. Stupid Anaconda... The PDF on HL teaches it better.

I'm sorry if you can't perform the Anaconda after watching the DVD and a little practice. They go over everything you need to know to perform the flourishes. If you upset over a 4 and half minute tutorial, you really need to go back and time other tutorials for other flourishes. Many of Dan and Dave's flourishes tutorials, were less than 4 1/2 minutes. I think the only thing more you could ask for from the DVD would be for it to include a pair of Bone's hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I'm sorry if you can't perform the Anaconda after watching the DVD and a little practice. They go over everything you need to know to perform the flourishes. If you upset over a 4 and half minute tutorial, you really need to go back and time other tutorials for other flourishes. Many of Dan and Dave's flourishes tutorials, were less than 4 1/2 minutes. I think the only thing more you could ask for from the DVD would be for it to include a pair of Bone's hands.

Never said I couldn't do an Anaconda, and the one tip that wasn't included on the HL tutorial helped a little, mines plenty long, not hugenormous and it seems crazy how he can do it at an angle.

The tutorials were not very good. Many people agree. I never said I couldn't follow them and do them. You're assuming everything, and putting words in my mouth.

But tips on how to make the dribble more smooth, or slow motion anaconda's to show the motion to maximize the length, those things would help. In my opinion at least.

Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
Well

Ok first $ 74,000 on the production...please! Two I will say there smart cause all they did was make a real fancy squeeze page,promised a bunch of free video's and the biggest online event ever for flourisher's.

What did they really do, is make the biggest spam Ive ever seen for a magic product. I must have recieved 30 useless emails before the dvd came out. Then another 30 emails about the release which were also useless, all I needed was 1 maybe 2.

What makes me sad is Ive followed Bones since he's been around and this just has given me no respect for him.

I personal feel like this was a scam and not a magic product.

This is the type of thing that gives magic on the net a bad name.

Sep 16, 2008
I read the first few mails then kept deleting them. Its sad but the virts have lost the market. 72000$ down the drain.

And I do not need every flourisher telling me that flourishing is an art we flourishers do not need to know that lay men do. Every body knows its an art. Most of the bonus flourishes were just as bad.

Very disappointed.

Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
lol i love how bone said... this is my gift to you... jaja yeah after paying 60 freaking $$$$.. oh well that was the last time i buy something from them

Dec 16, 2008

The price + the advertisement make 4 1/2 mins become hilarious lol. Nothing is new method and a detailed teaching.

Sep 30, 2007
I paid for the Bundle, I known how to do the Anaconda and the Hindu Tornado before buying this DVD. The main reason why I buy this DVD is : Bone Ho is my idol, and he's Vietnamese, his fatherland must be near mine. I want to do something to support him for all he had done for the community. Without him, I don;t think TheVirtuoso exists. I was impressed when I saw Bone for the first time in my live. Yes, 1 on 1, I could not say anything when had a chance to see him performed.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Wait they spent 74 grand on this DVD? Seriously? How to spend 74 grand on something that would and SHOULD only cost you like maybe a couple hundred at most. Hell I don't think ANY other magic DVD's out there spend anywhere close to 74 grand on their projects. Specially not one for just a single move and 4 min of teaching. Which is something that should have been a download and costed maybe 5-20 bucks at the most.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results