Any tips?

Nov 4, 2010
Hey guys, was wondering. Any tips for executing the pass?

For some reason, my hand underneath always gets in the way...

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you fingers located on your lower hand? I have my middle, ring, and pinky (in the break) on the right long side. My index finger is near the corner of the top right-hand side. My thumb is extended along the left long side.

Another problem may be that your holding the deck too tightly. Try and be really loose when practicing. Just not so loose that cards are flying :)

screw the pass, the one handed convincing control can accomplish the same thing while retaining the the deck order.

I also never quite understood the need for a classic pass. There never seems to be enough cover for it. Outjogged herman shift, spread pass, turnover pass, all have cover. They are motivated. Classic pass, most of the time it looks like you hands suddenly spaz out and start shaking the deck. And thats if you can perform it decently. Don't get me wrong, Jason England performs it perfectly, it just seems like a highly overrated move. Especially when there are other passes that provide much more cover and motivation.

screw the pass, the one handed convincing control can accomplish the same thing while retaining the the deck order.

I also never quite understood the need for a classic pass. There never seems to be enough cover for it. Outjogged herman shift, spread pass, turnover pass, all have cover. They are motivated. Classic pass, most of the time it looks like you hands suddenly spaz out and start shaking the deck. And thats if you can perform it decently. Don't get me wrong, Jason England performs it perfectly, it just seems like a highly overrated move. Especially when there are other passes that provide much more cover and motivation.

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?30623-An-essay-on-the-Classic-Pass/page3

In that thread there's a lot of information why to use it, and why not.

Dude, the pass can accomplish a lot more than the convincing control (any version of it) so it has a lot of uses. I think its worth learning, though I have to admit, I only got mine as good as it is because I was in high school and had time to obsess over it. It is overrated, though. Just like Vernon. What? Who... who said that? Did you guys hear that, too?

Mar 2, 2008
Right before doing the pass use mis-direction such as talking and making eye contact so when the audince stops looking at your hands it takes all the burn off. Then your pass doesn't have to be perfect.

Right before doing the pass use mis-direction such as talking and making eye contact so when the audince stops looking at your hands it takes all the burn off. Then your pass doesn't have to be perfect.

well if thats the case, why not just use a cut when they look away from your hands?

And "The Now," I have learned the classic pass, I just honestly believe that a spread pass or outjogged herman shift is much more motivated and covered. Plus they are a hell of a lot easier.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results