Anyone here actually met a professional magician?

Oct 16, 2007
I haven't met these "Pros" you see on Ellusionist, T11 and stuff, but when I was in Paris on a school trip I met a magician called Guillaume, from Animagie. He was such a cool guy. Simple moves that made my entire school group go "OMG!!". It was good, we had a pretty cool convo after that discussing moves and artists.

Anyone else meet him?

Aug 31, 2007
California
Allan Ackerman, Paul Vigil, Armando Lucero, Danny Archer, David Blaine, Penn Jillette, Jason England, Robert Alan, Dan Buck, Dave Buck, Jeff McBride, Apollo Robbins, Paul Wilson, Wayne Dobson... is all I can think of at the moment.

All great guys, learned so much from them all. Go to a few conventions and I am sure you will run into a lot of these guys.

Keenan

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
w00t, here we go...

David Copperfield
Jeff McBride
Tom Mullica
Bob Kohler
Michael Ammar
Chad Long
Henry Evans
Ed Solomon
Danny Archer
Gene Anderson
Rafael Benetar
Simon Lovell
John Calvert
Murray
Lennart Green

And more whos names I cannot recall at the moment.

-ThrallMind

Jun 24, 2008
United States
ive met a few when i went to the Magi-Fest in ohio, i met michael ammar, justin miller, john lovik, david williamson, joshua jay, Daryl, and a few others names i cant recall...and i have been to kirby van burchs show, my friend lives down there and works with him!

Sep 1, 2007
I've met a few local pros, though the only name that may be recognized around here is Paul Gertner. I attended a seminar he was giving on business last month. Really nice guy.

Nov 30, 2007
Mac King, Steve Wyrick, Nathan Burton, Greg Frewin, Chris Kenner, Marc Oberon, and hopefully Joshua Jay soon!

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Don't know the point of the name dropping thread......but here goes anyway:

Wayne Houchin
Lee Asher
Jay Sankey
David Merry
Simon Lovell
Jason Palter (Red Carpet, iKnow)
Bill Abbott (The Thing)
Aaron Patterson (Icarus Effect, Optical Dillusion)
Daniel Madison (through emails only)
Steven Kline
Michael Ammar (this summer at Sorcerer's Safari Camp)
Aaron Fisher (this summer at Sorcerer's Safari Camp)

Those are only the "known" magicians....I've met tons more who are working professionals who might not be "known" to anyone outside of Toronto :)

Nov 8, 2007
I know pretty much all the pros that work in my area, but as for some of the bigger names go (in person)... Mark Mason, Joshua Jay, Aldo Columbini, Darwin Ortiz, Garrett Thomas, Kostya Kimlat, Apollo Robbins, Simon Lovell, Gazzo, Lennart Green (over the phone), Karl Hein, Guy Bavli...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
I've met Johnny Thompson, Lennart Green, Doc Eason, Kevin James, Dan Fleshman, Garrett Thomas, Jeff McBride, Justin Kredible, Penn and Teller, Simon Lovell, Curtis Kam, Kainoa Harbottle, Allen Okawa, Oz Pearlman, Jeff Pierce...

I think that's it?

Nov 10, 2007
I have met
pilou-2006 fism winner
andrew mayne- creator of gut buster
richard mark
simon j caramel-deaf magician-wrote silent magic
karl hein- creator of heiny 500 and heinstein shuffle
gustavo raley
daniel raley
fielding west
fantasio