Anyone know where to learn methods for this effect?

B

Ben_Ionesco

Hey guys,

I was watching Criss Angels mindfreak randomly today and he did an effect which entriqued me. It was on the premonition episode and what he did was give one spectator a card deck and told him to pick a card in his mind (The guy chose 8 of spades) and say it out loud. He then asks another spectator to pick a random number (He said 27). He then opened the deck which was in full view the whole time and the 27th card down was the selection, the 8 of spades.

Now i have a few ideas and methods for this (psych forcing, etc) but i was wondering what you all thought about it. Does anyone know anything similar to this or another any card at any number trick. All feedback is appreciated, help me out lol

Cheers

Mar 29, 2008
Yes...I do.

It is (removed due to the concept that this question leads to exposure) and that is exactly how the best Any Card At At Any Number is done!

:)

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
You can perform a very convincing 'Any Card At Any Number" With d+m's new product, The Advocate along with many other spectacular effects.
http://www.danielmadison.co.uk/Advocate.html

If I were to perform an ACAAN it would use The Advocate.
However I find routines like this a bit boring, and most spectators won't appreciate how impossible it actually is. They seem to like stuff like triumph or biddle trick more, which is fine I like performing those more ;)
I'm straying off topic now :p

Oct 18, 2008
This was in season 2 i think, w.e, a stacked deck is possible, the " Essential Stewart James' has tons of stacked deck routines liek this, i would reccomend it, im selling an extra i have if anyone is interested

All the best,
R.S

Oct 19, 2007
the "david berglas effect" from my knowing is in one book but extremely rare ($1000!!) but try the advocate by DM

Mar 9, 2009
If you really want a high quality way then look up "Intuition" on mjmmagic.com. I will be straightforward that you can only use one prediction card per deck. The creator/distributor sells extra decks and when I say this is good I mean really good.

They say any number from one to 52 and they count out the numbers. You can spread at any time during the effect and it gets great reactions and its about 30 bucks not 250 or 300.

Good Luck

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
There are many many ACAAN effects out.
You can use stacks
borrowed decks
jsut search around for the effect

Any Card at Any Number and see one that suits you

and don't say well they are all bassically the same effect which in essence they are but they all have their own little touches addition to the original plot.

Jan 13, 2008
I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of direct exposure in this thread. :)

To help get the creative juices flowing, I'd like to add that you can do this with a regular deck and a double backed card. I won't go into details, but that should help you get creating on your own. It may not be a marketed effect (that I know of), but it sure is nice to come up with methods for effects on your own (and even more fun to come up with your own effects/routines all together). ;)

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of direct exposure in this thread. :)

To help get the creative juices flowing, I'd like to add that you can do this with a regular deck and a double backed card. I won't go into details, but that should help you get creating on your own. It may not be a marketed effect (that I know of), but it sure is nice to come up with methods for effects on your own (and even more fun to come up with your own effects/routines all together). ;)

I See what you are sayin with the DB Card... Cool

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results