Apology

Guys, before this thread gets closed allow me to interject.

First, RD voiced his opinion in a calm, rational way. Should he have said it on an open board? Not my call. In any event, RD has tried to help you in the past by giving constructive criticism but at some point nurturing must end and brutal honesty is all that remains. I can tell you that copying other performs will indeed get you no where, at least not in the magic community. Take the advice you have been given and examine yourself, maybe you SHOULD change some things. God knows I have. Hell, I have changed entire opinions on magic because I realized I was wrong. We aren't gods, we make mistakes from time to time.

And second, if you believe what you believe then you have nothing to prove, not that bragging about yourself will actually do so. But if you feel you like your magic, then run with it, but don't be surprised when you get shot down. Guess what, its life, it happens, deal with it. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree and move on. Thats art, plain and simple.

C

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
You know... Its not really my job to say or do anything, but this time I have to intervene. Ever forum I go to there is always some kind of argument between one individual and another. I know there always is controversy where ever you go in your life, but please guys, this shouldn't be something to argue about. People shouldn't have to take sides, they shouldn't have to listen to this, in fact, if you want to argue, do it via Private Messaging. That's all I have to say.

Nov 10, 2007
Ok,
RDchopper thank you for giving me the advice you did. Do not know what else to say except my style is my style and you are definately n ot going to be the one who changes it.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I dont get why people are trying to bash magicman1212 in this thread he wanted to say he was sorry and he did than some of you guys get mad at him. I dont get why some people do that. It is not helpful to any one. I know magicman1212 he is amazing in front of real people with great patter, some patter just doesn't work on camera well at all. Also some tricks dont work well with patter because it makes them sound stupid. Ive said my 2 cents.

well its a matter of opinion really... laymen are going to be always amased at displays of skill, I mean everybody can be brian tudor, what makes us different from other magicians is the style that we give to the tricks and I mean our own style, yeah, he can amase people with his skill, but as for that, he is just another fish in the pond...

Im not really bashing the guy... he asked why, and I told him why...

Whats the reason of asking for feedback if you are not going to improve the things we are mentioning? even when you told us that you would improve them anyway???

I hope that this thread dont gets closed:p

May 17, 2008
You just dont learn the lesson do ya?, how much time do you have performing??? 4 years you say??? and you just cant come up with your own ideas or patter routines... you even can't talk like yourself!

I watched you in one of the battles like 8 months ago and I said to myself "well it looks like the kid is good with cards, I just hope that he can improve his patter as well" I even posted on that battle thread telling you about it,and I was not the only one, im sure, what did you do? you started saying sorry for it (just like now) and you told us that you would try to improve your perfomances.... not too long after, you did another battle, but this time doing it wayne houchin style!!! I told you again about it along with some other guys and what did you do? said sorry again....gosh, and what's happening now? the exact same thing....

it is sad in some way, if you dont bother to entertein us when you post something, Im sure you dont bother to entertein the laymen when you show them magic, youre just another dude showcasing his skills....that's all.

You want to look like a good and humble person infront of all this guys here? be my guest.

Hey bro I can see were you are coming from with this but dued it is not cool to be mean to him because of it.If you dont have anything nic to say bro maby you should not say anything.

Aug 31, 2007
Just saw your vid. Not sure how old it is but, I think people are overreacting. Your performance is fine. You're young. Plenty of time to improve and develop your own style. Just remember to not be ignorant and take in constructive critism. Don't become like that one guy whose name I won't mention because I don't remember what it is. Good luck.

D

Deleted member 2755

Hey guys. Why is this thread getting heated? Someone did something stupid and then made a public apology about it. He then gets bashed for it? C'mon guys.

Anyway, I'm tired of seeing sleight battles. If your sleights are not perfect, then why are you performing them? We shouldn't be having "double lift battles" or "clipshift battles". If its not perfect, it shouldn't be on here. Its one of the reasons why the battle system has been becoming a lost part of this site. (See my thread I made a while back about the battle system.)

Anyway, that's a bit off topic. Let's just try to accept his apology. He did something dumb and then made a public apology. I don't think he deserves bashing for that...

-Doug

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hey bro I can see were you are coming from with this but dued it is not cool to be mean to him because of it.If you dont have anything nic to say bro maby you should not say anything.

I was not going to say anything until he asked me... read C=B post, it pretty much resumed what has happened here;)

Edit:500 post! gosh, Im going to break the posts record of copperfield 14 in no time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 18, 2008
CA
Just saw your vid. Not sure how old it is but, I think people are overreacting. Your performance is fine. You're young. Plenty of time to improve and develop your own style. Just remember to not be ignorant and take in constructive critism. Don't become like that one guy whose name I won't mention because I don't remember what it is. Good luck.

Might that be Lamont Mcgee? (Mystifier1). Oh geez I don't even want to remember that whole incident.

Might that be Lamont Mcgee? (Mystifier1). Oh geez I don't even want to remember that whole incident.

Ooo, ooo, someone mentioned the name, ooo, it stings... I already said my peace about this whole thing in the other thread, but ouch, that name still burns my eyes like Onions.

Something about this thread just kinda reminded me of this however.

In that regard, mainstream thinking can also be turned against the aggressor. A man who continues to doggedly pursue a wounded and retreating foe is sometimes seen as a sadist, a loose cannon as dangerous to friends as he is to his enemies. He shouldn't be trusted because he's actually mentally weak and lacks control over his emotions. Few things can destroy morale in a group faster than seeing the alpha male/female acting in a decidedly non-alpha manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results