Apology

Sep 30, 2008
I can listen to two sides here.....so, Chris Kenner says this guy is great in front of an audience and does great magic and saw him in person or somebody named RDchopper who has been stalking this kid's few internet videos on a magic website for 8 months.....hmmmmmm

lol, stalker.

If you were to go outside your house right now and check your bushes, you'd find and empty can of coke and an empty chinese food box. Maybe a hint of Moo Goo Gai pan and a half eaten egg role... Watch your back lol.

Ok, i'm done, that was just way too off topic. I'm sorry too lol.

Jul 13, 2008
Bro, you did the right thing and I expect you for that. Don't listen to all those other guys . . . my patter sucks on video, too, but when I'm performing I'm really good with patter. Stop trashing this guy, guys! Lets respect him for what he did.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
I can listen to two sides here.....so, Chris Kenner says this guy is great in front of an audience and does great magic and saw him in person or somebody named RDchopper who has been stalking this kid's few internet videos on a magic website for 8 months.....hmmmmmm
What do you expect Kenner to say, he sucks?

I say, to boost our self-esteem, in this thread we now talk about how good our patter is and why we are all such great performers...

youre welcome:D

hey man, he was just saying sorry that he botched a clipshift. you don't have to go trashing him for it. he was doing a nice thing, and so you give him crap for it. some patter does not work on camera, but on the streets, he is probably really good. so don't trash him like that, cause that just makes you a jerk... he didn't do anything to you, so why'd you have to do that to him?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Look, both sides have good arguments. RDC did explain why he did what he did, and frankly, I agree with him. Sometimes you just gotta be harsh, and sometimes, as Blink said, harden up everyone. At the same time, magicman1212 has taken the time to apologise, which takes balls. At the end of the day though, it's his problem if he never learns anything. Let's just settle this and leave it guys..

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
hey man, he was just saying sorry that he botched a clipshift. you don't have to go trashing him for it. he was doing a nice thing, and so you give him crap for it. some patter does not work on camera, but on the streets, he is probably really good. so don't trash him like that, cause that just makes you a jerk... he didn't do anything to you, so why'd you have to do that to him?

So.... in the course of this thread I have been called a jerk, a stalker and a mean person....Maybe im not as friendly as I thought???

anyway, I think that the main issue here is the patter thing....I have my performance style and all you guys have yours... just dont be coming to us asking for feedback if you guys are not going to take it the way it is...

This forum was made to help each other out, and that means taking the mistakes that the others say we have and trying to improve them, after all, the comments we receive are from people that know the art better than us and that are here to help us.

there is two types of magician in my book, the type that fits ok with mediocrity by saying "well I have performed my trick for spectators and they were amased" and the type that says "well it seems that this trick is working wonders, what else could I do to improve it?" In other words ( and like I said before) you can be another fish in the pond or stand up from the pack...

to finish this, I didn't start bashing the guy, they asked me, I anwsered back.. you guys want nice comments and people that tell you how wonderfull and incredible you are? go to your parents and friends... want to grow up as a magician? stay here and learn from your mistakes as I have learned (and Im still learning) from mine...

Ill stop posting in this thread since a lot of people here sees me like a bad and mean person...

love ya'll, peace.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anyone here says, only how your spectators think of you.
I think I'm gonna believe Chris Kenner here who actually wrote a thread about this guy, saying how good he is, and now he's getting complaints about patter in videos???
Ooooooooh not too sure about this, but I can't come up with patter in front of a camera either :D
I'm sure RD just wanted to give some constructive criticism, just forgot the constructive part. This thread was made to further magic, yet it's taken a few steps back.
I'd take a look at some of your videos, but.. you really don't have to prove yourself to me or anyone here, that's not why people get into this stuff.
Go out and perform!! We've heard you're good at it.
Thanks for apologising :)

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I stopped reading at the end of page 4.

CAN WE ALL SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP, PLEASE?

It's because of discussions, arguments, displays of immaturity (whatever you want to call them) like this that I left the boards in the first place. I see no reason why a bunch of people devoted, or at least interested in, the same art and entertainment business can't get along with each other. Every time I sign on, someone always has a stick up someone else's ass. It's more annoying than I could convey even if we had no word filter.

Thank you. I may poke my head in once in a while at the Card Magic Forum, but that is all. Those who wish to contact me can send me PMs.

I bid you adieu.

Ben

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
im going to have to agree with RD on this.
also, putting up a thread like this is as bad as a "farewell" thread. why do it? no one really gives two...brown crayons.

Frankly, i didnt even see the battle, but having this thread put up, being humble and apologetic, then being incredibly defensive and lashing out about your style has just totally killed your reputation for me.

Look, we're all magicians right? (Or atleast some form, i'm sure.) It doesn't matter how amazing your pass is, how undetectable your clipshift may be, or hell, how smooth your double is. We will never be perfect, and that's not a slap at anyone, even a little bit. What it means, is that we always have to work to improve ourselves. No, our patter will not always be top grade, our moves may sometimes lack the kick they need too. And it's not even that we "need" to work on ourselves, we should want to. We should always be trying to perfect every move/trick we execute. And we should except the critisizms that we receive, not as insults or slaps in the face, but as help that we can use to better ourselves. How many people here honestly look at themselves and say "My moves and patter are 100% perfect."? I know I don't, and imo I don't think anyone should. Perfect is what we strive for, it's part of the reason why we keep practicing what we do. The point is, we should be able to take the help (if it's there) from what other people say and use it to reexamining ourselves in a way that can make us better, as people and magicians.

These are just my thoughts.

With Care (Awww "That's Sweet" :D),

B.A.W.I.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Now, this post will not better this argument by a shred. I just need to let off some steam.

You know what man I do not resect you at all because now your saying im not a good and humble person thats going way over the line. Okay ask anyone that knows me I am the nicest person. Your saying that I dont entertain while performing thats a joke maybe not infront of a camera but infront of a crowd I am rawwwwwwwwwww. So definately dont go bashing my entertaining skills.
Maybe you should ask Chris Kenner if I am good in front of an audience.

hum⋅ble   /ˈhʌmbəl, ˈʌm-/ [huhm-buhl, uhm-]
adjective, -bler, -blest, verb, -bled, -bling.

1. not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful.

2. having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.: In the presence of so many world-famous writers I felt very humble.

Guys, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are?

Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I dont find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Props if you figure out where that's from.

Not particularily against you Magicman, but if youre going to use the words, make sure you have the attitude to back them up.

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results