Appearance On Local TV. Any Suggestions?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Thanks for the Feedback guys!! I really appreciate It, I´ll tell How it go in a new thread later...
Altough is a local channel here in Mexico, I think it´s just the begining for me so I hope this lead to something good!!
I´ll consider ALL the options here... anyway you´ll know how It went

Thanks!!

I think that doing some flourishes is a very good idea. This will allow the people to go: "Wow! He has some skill with these cards. He must be a very good magician. Or He must have great dexterity." Flourishes are visually pleasing to the eye. I mean look at the video of D&D doing flourishes at that beach and how everyone is watching.

After that you do need something very visual. I would say that if you have tagged. the one where the word is on their arm. That might be good. I do like your bottle idea though, but because the audiance is at home they may suspect a bottle with a hole in it. And they might think that the interveiwers have been all stooged up.

I would also recomend, something like the Chicago Opener (Red Hot Mamacita), Indecent, ACR, Sponge Balls, The trick that the masked magician screwed up where all the aces appear on top, I can also see D&D's De Ja Vu working as long as you use patter.

A trick that might also work might be The Dream Of Aces, with patter.

How did you wind up getting this interview???

Hello, I´ll Be Apearing in a local television program for an interview and a performance of close-up magic... I was asked to perform highly visual magic in less than 10 minutes, visual enough for the tv viewers to apreciate it.
Do you have any suggestions? up until now, I was thinking about performing some Flourishes as a visual opener, a little routine that involves the production of a silk, the production of a bottle and use that bottle to do "Factory Sealed" by nick verna.
in the Close Up, I had planned to do Distortion, Life (By Daniel Garcia) and Thread.
please any advice is welcome because Thread is very difficult for me so I was thinking to have a backup, please suggest...

anyone from Mexico; PM me

Well since I apparently missed this the first read through I'll say this about your TV appearance:

I would avoid doing pet tricks of other magicians that are popular on Ellusionist. Why? Because every teen and their sister are performing these same effects. Thread was performed by Criss Angel. This isn't a surprise since W:H has consulted for Mind Freak before. You don't want your TV debute to focus on doing the same tricks that everyone else is. You want to stand out and be diffrent.

Visual magic kills. Simple, sweet, short. Don't use long plots, don't go into overly complicated monologs. Be direct. Be visual. Fire wallets or card to fire wallet KILLS.

Depending on how much set time you have, you may want to consider using an effect that depends on audience participation. Like we've learned from Blaines videos, it's the audience members reactions that sell the effect, not your skills. (Though don't get me wrong. They do help.

Your stage stuff looks great. I'd maybe do card to cealing or a card stab but that's just me. Your close up though I think needs to be re-tooled. See above reasons on doing other popular E artists bits. Don't underestimate the power of "Out of this World" or "Triumph". All else fails, use a three coin fly (silver morgan dollars are the best) or something with a copper silver transpo. IE: Hopping Halvs, Freakey, Copper- Silver- Bronz, Scotch & Soda, etc. Or using bills: Hunde 500 or the like. You could also try a ring fly. They kill.

Best of luck to you. What ever you do MAKE IT VISUAL! The marks will love it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results