Are Bikes better then bee's?

Sep 1, 2007
I went to the store to get cards, and I always get bikes, but I saw some bee playing cards so I picked those up. I like the bee's better, but it seems that my double lifts don't land square for some reason. And that when I pick up 2 cards as one, they don't square up. So did I just get a bad pack? or are bikes better then bee's? or the other way around. Because I have no idea.

maybe you just picked up a bad pack ... i like bees a lot but for playing poker or gambling type moves... i think that the overall back design that the bee's have make it a bit difficult to hide a face up card in a face down deck because of that design so something like the Biddle trick would kind of be seen since there is a noticeable card that can be seen through the side of the pack.. but thats just me. for magic i rather stick to Bicycle or Tally-Ho

Bee decks are generally more...slick than bicycle decks. It may be because you simply are not used to using Bee decks for double lifts. Bee decks...if you do a gambling magic routine or cardistry, they're perfect. But for magic...I'd say...don't use them. Because they are unbordered on the faces of the cards it is quite noticeable what is happening when one card is face up among many face down cards. For example (this is just a very simple example for the beginners): For shape shifter one card is on top of another, one face down, one face up. This is quite noticeable with a Bee deck. So...Bee decks are the BOMB but they are unsuitable for magic. Their finish and stock is simply fantastic. Use them for gambling and flourishing, but if you really really like Bee decks for their stock quality and finish, check out Richard Turner Gambling cards. They do not boast an all-over design but they are suitable for magic. Also, they are traditionally cut, which means that they shuffle better than bikes. FYI: I"m asuming that you mean the all-over back design Bee decks, not the white bordered ones.

Sep 1, 2007
Many sleights which are derived from gambling tend to work better with this kind of back design. False deals, passes/shifts, packet switches are all aided by the uniform back design and lack of a white border.

However, most of those sleights are either not very useful or easily replaceable for magical purposes, and that white border is very useful. Plus, you can't get away from the fact that most gaffs are on bicycle stock.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results