Are magicians too worried about who is doing this move?

Are there too many different/revisited/remasterd moves that accomplish the same thing

• Total voters
Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Do you also hate it when sculptors also work on painting in oils, or when crime fiction authors write a biography..

Bad examples.They do benefit their work. One is a writer and he is still writing to an audience.The sculptor is branching out with different art. Both are using different talents to their benefits and showing people. Unless the writer keeps all copies of biographies to himself.
These people are USING all of it.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Bad examples.They do benefit their work. One is a writer and he is still writing to an audience.The sculptor is branching out with different art. Both are using different talents to their benefits and showing people. Unless the writer keeps all copies of biographies to himself.
These people are USING all of it.

This is what makes them perfect examples. When I practice the SWE or Open Shift (things I never perform in front of a lay audience), it helps me understand more about shift mechanics, something that I can then apply to my classic pass (which I use in performance all the time).

n:b

Jul 7, 2009
sites.google.com
I really like alot of the points made throughout this forum. Just to clear up some stuff.... I do believe that a varity of moves is essintial to performing unnoticed, and it is great to practice alot of different slights to keep up dextarity and to improve skills. Maybe the word choice I used in my original post wasnt the best, it was a spur of the moment thing that poped into my head, and I wanted to hear some other opinions about it. Plus I needed coffee... bad. The only thing that bugs me (not that I think its wrong. I just dont understand the mentality behind it) is when there is a slight that works, and works well, why someone would feel the need to "rehandle" it if you will, or change the method and take credit for it. Im not saying its wrong, and it should be frowned upon, I just dont really get it. Plus, I dont understand why people become move monkeys, and feel like they need to know EVERY slight, and every variation of it, and every remasterd and revisited method of that variation. It just bugs me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results