Asking someone out using magic?

Aug 14, 2014
Just wanted to start this thread to see if anyone has ask someone out using magic, has an idea of how they would ask, and then just see where it goes from there.

Reactions: Dean Magic

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Just wanted to start this thread to see if anyone has ask someone out using magic, has an idea of how they would ask, and then just see where it goes from there.

I would honestly cut the magic and the gimmicks and just ask someone out. If you're having problems asking someone out, you're not ready for performing...yet. Keyword: YET

Nov 10, 2014
I would honestly cut the magic and the gimmicks and just ask someone out. If you're having problems asking someone out, you're not ready for performing...yet. Keyword: YET

Agree with first part, not so much with the second part. I can preform magic for people, it will be uncomfortable but I can do it. Asking someone out on the other hand? Ha. No.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
I'd agree with Brett, although (I don't know how old you are), but if you're still in high school or college it can be fun to incorporate some magic into asking someone to a dance/prom. One of my magical friends attempted to do David Blaine's trick where he spills water on the cement and a randomly selected word is spelled out still dry, but he had it spell out "Homecoming?". Unfortunately, it failed miserably.

But if you're asking someone out to perhaps begin a lasting romantic relationship, I'd keep magic on the backburner. You want them to first know you as a person, not just a magician. When they think of you, they should think "Dominic, the cool person who also does magic" and not "The magician, I think his name starts with a D, but I'm not sure..."

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
If it's for a dance like prom then I think it could be pretty cool. I actually asked my prom date with a magic trick:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BC0XR7Kt-4O/?taken-by=dean_magic
I had 26 cards and each card had a different letter on the back. I shuffled the cards and had her pick two random cards without seeing the letter on the back. Then I took the deck showing the top card and turned the letter into a question mark. The two selected letters were U and I then I spread through the cards to reveal it said prom. So for a promposal or homecoming it could be a fun idea but if you're just asking someone out then magic probably isn't the way to go.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I did this as a joke bit before but I did get a number from it... Perform 2 card monte. Switch the 2 aces for 2 blank cards that say something like "Can I have your Number" on one and (___) ___-____ on the other or something like that. I used it as a throw away gag but in many cases it seemed kinda mature or desperate so I stopped doing it. Though it may suit your personality... iono haha

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
In my opinion:

Short answer: No.

"Sleightly" longer answer (had to use the pun, forgive me): You don't want to use magic as a crutch for doing something like that. If anything, magic makes the process way more confusing than it ever should be. You want to be direct, straight to the point. Using magic at that point is just unnecessary fluff. Don't use it.

Aug 14, 2014
By the way, I was not asking for suggestions on doing so, I just wanted to see if anyone has before. Sorry about the confusion

Apr 30, 2016
you really don't need magic to ask someone out. think of it like this. Asking someone out is like preforming a new trick you learned. The first couple of times you might fail or mess up. But the more you practice the better smoother and more natural it will get. Don't get discouraged if the person says no they probably cant see how cool of a person you are. So in the end just ask the person out no tricks just truth just go for it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results