b4Cut :: 1-on-1 Review

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
Picture_5.png

B4cut, aka. BamBam BoomBoom, is:
'A signature move from the mind of Andrei Jikh, the b4 is a multi-phased cardistry sequence that demonstrates smooth, swift card handling. Taught in 12 minutes of detailed instruction by Andrei Jikh - and filmed in high definition in theory11's new Las Vegas hq.' - www.theory11.com/1on1/

Lets get to it. No useless facts or hype.

Quality/Price:
Very good, don't take it for granted, it works beautifully even at full screen. At $4.95 Andrei has kept to his word and is keeping it cheap, very good value for the length and content included. To try and slow down and reverse engineer the flourish is useless, this tutorial is really needed for a full explanation. Editing and music is a little different, more synthetic feeling beats, and cut scenes used, but still very nice, keep it up.
10/10

20qyl4m.png

The sequence: A combination of several moves, including the first finger push over (used in D&D's WERM) among other things, The Z grip and sybil movement, all taught. It also includes a thumb balance, which looks inspired by Bone Ho's angel move, but this is not explicitly taught, but shown and made clear. Then a flare at the end to close, which can be altered depending on styles.
9/10

Teaching: Excellent teaching. Multi angles, the routine is split into 3 parts, the opening phase with 2 flares, the T display, and closer. Each section is well taught, with verbal instruction, and there are 2 walkthroughs, at the beginning and end. Great job, 12 minutes is enough, with 9.5 minutes teaching and the rest on history and bloopers, which i will get onto.
10/10

Bloopers: Long section (well a minutes worth), very entertaining and even Andrei makes a mistake... :eek: Also final thoughts, History and credits are included. These bloopers are a mix of line screw ups, intentional jokes, and a very ironic comment from Andrei..

2uz8i2r.png

Overall, this will take a decent amount of practice, but is not a very difficult flourish. As Andrei says, this is all about fluidity and smoothness, which will take a certain amount of time. This is an original (in my opinion) sequence, that has a very attractive display and closer. It includes several elements that you can take away and manipulate (no pun intended) into your own flourishes.

Overall: 9.5/10 (nothing is ever perfection) as instant downloads go, this is up there. Original, modern, easy and quick to download, high quality.

Any questions, then feel free to ask, hope it helped, now go support a fellow flourisher and buy

Last edited by a moderator:

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I noticed that in the preview of the cut, he doesn't do the spin on the thumb, does he teach you that part????

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
nope that part is not included, probably because its taught here

it would be easy to incorporate, just before the closer, you'd spin the thumb card, as shown in the above video... it would take a little practice, but its not difficult..:)

hope i helped,

Joe

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
well he will have watched it in the first place to see the spin, but yeh it's easy to incorporate, and everything else is taught perfectly.

as a side note, i wouldn't buy this as a non-flourisher or a beginner whos only been in 2 months or so, but otherwise its not that difficult..:)

Sep 20, 2008
at that price, its an absoloute STEAL.

i think the only problem that i'll encoutner would be mirroring the tutorial. (cause im right handed, deck is held on my left hand, andrei is left handed. Deck in right hand. =])

Cheers for the review! very helpful. at that price i wudve thought that the teaching would be crap, this just disproves it otherwise!

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
im the same as you, and learning is no problem, the moves are shown repeatedly in extreme detail, just do as you would usually (sybil wise etc) and you'll learn it in no time, ive got it down already, its just about building up speed and smoothness now.:D

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
nope, not at all, teaching is very thorough. If you can do a basic sybil and card push off (the one in the werm) and are comfortable with card flares or grips with the deck hand, then definitely get it. Its not really worth intermediate if you ask me, but each to his own. oh and if i didnt say, theres over the shoulder and from the front :)

edit: the only area you may be uncomfortable with is the balance on the thumb, as it may feel unnatural if you havent used it before and may be awkward to extend, but it isnt difficult, just listen to the tut and you'll be fine.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
at that price, its an absoloute STEAL.

i think the only problem that i'll encoutner would be mirroring the tutorial. (cause im right handed, deck is held on my left hand, andrei is left handed. Deck in right hand. =])

Cheers for the review! very helpful. at that price i wudve thought that the teaching would be crap, this just disproves it otherwise!

Yeah because we know all cuts are worth 5 dollars each. Those damn suckers who posts free tutorials on Decknique just lost 5 bucks each for their moves.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
lol, UNLUCKY SCOTT AND SEAN!! with mantis and 5alive, you'd be millionares!!!

:p its not a steal, but in the grand scheme of things, $5 is not a lot..

no one can say they havent spent a little more than usual once in a while (for food, clothes etc) just because they like the look of it and want to treat themselves or w.e.

Sep 20, 2008
Yeah because we know all cuts are worth 5 dollars each. Those damn suckers who posts free tutorials on Decknique just lost 5 bucks each for their moves.

I liked the move- and i was willing to pay a mere $5 to learn it, and to support Andrei. why, when did you start to become my accountant?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results