Battle Tournament - Official Magician's Challenge Season 1 Announcements

What kind of magic would you like to see on this competition?

• Street Magic

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • Stage Magic

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Parlor Magic

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Comedy Magic

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Mental Magic

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Escape Magic

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Children's Magic

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Cabaret Magic

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Close-up Magic

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Animal Magic

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
Jul 19, 2008
This is the official announcement post for the challenge. Please nobody post here but me as this is where I will announce the challenges. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 19, 2008
All right everyone. All 12 people who are in the competition are on my list. Please subscribe to this thread if you are in the competition to be updated on each topic and the logistics of the competition.
Just a little hint for the first battle this friday: you gotta have some style! That is all. Read this thread on friday to be notified of the battle.

Benjamin Dove

Jul 19, 2008
1st Challenge!!!!!

Alright everyone!!! Today commences the beginning of the Magician's Challenge tournament!!! Make sure you read the rules, but if you haven't, here they are:

The rules will be as follows

1. Every week on friday a new challenge will be introduced.
2. You will be told what the topic is, and you will be matched up with a partner.
3. This partner is solely the person who you will propose battle with.
4. The winners of the 4 battles will be in the top 4 or 3 etc. Vice versa for the losers.
5. The winners and losers will be decided by the RATIO of votes compared to the others, not the amount.
6. There will be extra boosts that can be given to hurt other players and make yourself better if you win a challenge.
7. If someone uses their power negatively against another person, they must follow it or they will suffer a penalty of -20 votes and could lose a battle they might have won
8. Every Friday by 12:00 a new challenge will be posted in this thread. You will have exactly a week to set up the battle with the partner and submit the video.
9. Judging will take place on Saturday and Sunday, and the winner will be announced monday, as well as the loser.
10. The loser(s) of each round are/is kicked from the tournament.

So there are the rules. Now the moment you have been waiting for. Your first challenge is.....

PARLOR MAGIC

That's right. This is a type of magic that prides itself on showmanship. This magic includes such famous tricks as sponge ball tricks, zombie, and rope tricks. Now although this is a sect of close-up, this is usually for a medium-sized crowd, so keep in mind card tricks might not be acceptable, regardless of whether you perform on a webcam or live. In this round, 2 people will be kicked. The videos must be 5-10 minutes long, and the tricks must be rehearsed. There is absolutely no camera tricks. Now in order to battle, you will be matched with a partner. It is essential you set up the battle with a deadline for 12:00 Friday the 1st!
If you do not, both people will be kicked. You must have a minimum of two tricks in your video. Now here are the pairs:

1 Shinichikudo992000 and Chriswiehl
2 Tashfiq1993 and Shadow782
3 Dasuprememep and Squirrel_magix
4 Rasmus and elisG
5 Zapper and Tumbleweed
6 Heavymetalholic and Magicman1212

REMEMBER TO TITLE IT MAGICIAN's BATTLE AND WHATEVER NUMBER YOURS IS!!!!

These pairs are entirely random. Now set up your battles, and go go go!!!!

Benjamin Dove

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 19, 2008
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

We are now down to ten people as tumbleweed and dasuprememep cannot play, so Zapper you are with Squirrel_magic now!

Jul 19, 2008
Just as I expected, unfortunately. Everyone flaked and didn't submit a video. Oh well. Maybe I will try in a month or two, but until then, keep on doing magic guys.

Benjamin Dove

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
well dude, parlor magic is not up everyones ally, especially for street. I mean i have respect for spnge balls and everyone that uses them, but i would not be cought dead with sponge balls or ropes. for me its a deck of cards, and money, i think most people in the tournament share my opinion

Jul 19, 2008
All right. I wanted to test everyone, and even though no one started doin the tournament, I guess maybe I will continue, and we will start with street magic. So note to everyone, I will recontinue the tournament, same everything, but this weeks challenge is Street Magic

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results