Beans performing outside the Ruby Room

Sep 1, 2007
This video was put together from the footage I did have of my performance. I was hired to perform as a vaudeville performer to help promote our family friend's show. The tricks shown are simple, as I didn't push things too much until later on. I did perform cookie cutter but I wasn't caught on film. However I can tell you, Cookie Cutter is an amazing crowd pleaser.

Anyway, any help on performance tips and such, maybe patter or something. Like I said, the tricks are way simple, my focus for this was on presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFEhKT2MiE

Thanks in advance,
Beans

Edit: By the way, you see my friend performing my take on Warning by Daniel Garcia, feel free to use the idea (and maybe the patter I throw in for him) but be careful...it hurts.

Oct 12, 2009
Hey Beans! nice. I'm impressed. A few tips: Juggling, try to through the balls a little lower, it looks nicer. Good though.
Perfromance and showmanship. Try looking into the spectators eyes more often. you¡re to concentrated on what your doing. Involve them a bit more, I mean let them participate a bit more, not just pick a card and cut the deck stuff. You must get to know your audience a little bit. I liked your performance thanks for sharing.
How long have you been performing??
BobC

Sep 1, 2007
Been performing for a month or two now consistantly, on and off before that for a year. I've been in magic for about 4 years now though

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Nice video man. I liked the placing of the the aces in the deck at different locations and then you getting them all together. I am familiar with how this works but am having difficulty with the p------ principle. Maybe you can PM me with any tips.

The invisible palm was pretty sweet as well.

Sep 1, 2007
Nice video man. I liked the placing of the the aces in the deck at different locations and then you getting them all together. I am familiar with how this works but am having difficulty with the p------ principle. Maybe you can PM me with any tips.

The invisible palm was pretty sweet as well.

PM me with any questions or anything, please feel free

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Nicely done. You seem confident and smooth and you really seem to know your sleight of hand. My one critique is your filler words. You say "Um" and "Uh" a lot. Especially in the invisible palm routine. Your patter is fine, though you could look up at the audience more and interact with them more (maybe you did in the other hour and fifty minutes, I don't know), but you were saying 'um' so much that it seemed like you were making it up as you went.

That said, everything else looked great, right down to your costume.

Sep 1, 2007
haha thank you very much! I really appreciate the feedback guys, it's really invaluable. I don't have anything but a mirror to practice with, I don't know any other magicians to jam with so I need whatever feedback you can give me.

~Beans

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results