Been Mentioned Before...

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
A lot of people on this thread, when they see a thread that has already been posted before, tells them to "go somewhere else, it's already been mentioned before." Have you said that in response to someone before? Read this...

I know you (whoever's said that before) are trying to take this somewhere else. But when someone asks a question, or asks for opinions, you always direct them somewhere else. You never answer with anything relating to the topic. Well, I guess "This topic is in another thread" may be relevant, but you are not answering a question. If you don't want to answer, don't answer. Just leave responding aside.

It's helpful to say something that relates to what they are asking rather than say something but doesn't help them. I get where you are going with this, but in the future just answer their questions. Please make others happy and not make them feel like an idiot. It's about helping others in the community go in the right direction, not continuously telling them to go somewhere else. It also helps to give an exact link to the other thread.

Just thought I'd let everyone know this, so this doesn't come up again. Just be respectful to others, it will make this forum a better place for everyone. :)

-Perceptiv3

Mar 29, 2008
I really agree with not rejecting the concept as long as the question holds merit.

If the question is - what is your favourite magician...maybe we don't need to reinvestigate that, but many questions in magic can take different shapes of answers as we all progress and learn.

Something new can be found - even if we have to repeat some of our thoughts, we may word it in a new way...or think about it differently in the process.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Like I said before,no need to clutter up boards with threads that have already been discussed by the SAME people. Thats the whole point of the search function. To search for an answer that may have already been answered before.
And it is helping out and answering them.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Your welcome man, that's why I posted this.

Even if you are deathly annoyed by the same question being asked, don't take it out on them just because YOU are mad, just don't do ANYTHING if you are annoyed. It's that simple, do NOTHING. It just adds fire and stirs hate within the forums, which is supposed to help other people. Also the eliteist mindset within this forum is taking over. The people who believe they are "top dogs" and "know the best" on this thread are scaring others away because of what they say. I just want everyone to be aware of this subject.

(In response to Morgician, and an add on to my previous discussion above.)

-Perceptiv3

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Your welcome man, that's why I posted this.

Even if you are deathly annoyed by the same question being asked, don't take it out on them just because YOU are mad, just don't do ANYTHING if you are annoyed. It's that simple, do NOTHING. It just adds fire and stirs hate within the forums, which is supposed to help other people. Also the eliteist mindset within this forum is taking over. The people who believe they are "top dogs" and "know the best" on this thread are scaring others away because of what they say. I just want everyone to be aware of this subject.

(In response to Morgician, and an add on to my previous discussion above.)

-Perceptiv3

When did I express myself as deathly annoyed? I simply directed him to other answers.
Other people have been almost brutal when they direct other people to the already brought up threads.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
When did I express myself as deathly annoyed? I simply directed him to other answers.
Other people have been almost brutal when they direct other people to the already brought up threads.

I'm not talking specifically to you visualartist in this thread, just to the general public, or the people that are brutally telling them to go somewhere else. Sorry for the confusion based on the previous thread i replied too.

-Perceptiv3

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results