Before you get your copy of SURFACED

Dec 10, 2007
Hey guys i just wanted to post this before everyone gets their much awaited copy of SURFACED.

Now we all have seen how great of a slight the clipshift is and im sure we are all anxious to start performing it. But I just want to say this, please practice this before you perform it.

I know that you cant wait to hear what everyone thinks about your clipshift but please spare us. We really dont need a thousand videos of the same slight like we've had to with Tivo 2.0.

Please if you are going to film the move make sure you have
1) Practiced the move sufficiently (that means more than a week or 2)
2) Bring something else to the table. Dont just film one single slight, use it in a routine, perform for other people something other than what we have seen before, other wise what is the point?

i just don't want to see this great slight get ruined by a bunch of poorly executed performances. Im not trying to act like im better than anyone by posting this, I myself dont have the clipshift down well enough to film it, I just dont want this move to be another one of those slights all over youtube being performed by kids that just learned the move 3 days ago and thing they are awesome becuase they can do it one out of every 20 times.

Oct 29, 2007
Wasn't it Le Paul who would practice a single sleight for over two years until he preformed for anyone?

Think about it............

Jun 14, 2008
Unna, Germany
Wasn't it Le Paul who would practice a single sleight for over two years until he preformed for anyone?

Think about it............
:(

I think, most members over here and most "Cardists" on Youtube have never heard of this.

They do not even practice a single sleight for two weeks.

As Max Maven said:

99% of everything is shi...... !

R.

For me, a sleight becomes an obsession and I don´t leave it before I have nailed it.. But of course having lack of patiance does belong to a cerain age.. I remember my self as a teen. I got so overexcited about things I learned that I wanted to show it as soon as possible no matter how poor my excecution was.

Btw DjDonkeyPuncher You have also contributed videos in the overpopulated catagory of Dan and Dave:) without bringing anything new to the table so you should not complain about 1000 tivo 2.0 demonstrations:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 10, 2007
For me, a sleight becomes an obsession and I don´t leave it before I have nailed it.. But of course having lack of patiance does belong to a cerain age.. I remember my self as a teen. I got so overexcited about things I learned that I wanted to show it as soon as possible no matter how poor my excecution was.

Btw DjDonkeyPuncher You have also contributed videos in the overpopulated catagory of Dan and Dave:) without bringing anything new to the table so you should not complain about 1000 tivo 2.0 demonstrations:p

i think i have just as much right to complain about the 1000 tivo 2.0s as anyone else. My complaint isnt as much that people are making them as that people continued to make them. If there are a 20 or 30 Tivo 2.0s out then what is the point of posting yours enless it is either A) above the rest or B) Brings something new.

I put 4 months of practice into that Queens Collectors routine before i posted it and i challenge you to find even 5 other videos online of those tricks combined and presented the way that i performed them.

i think i have just as much right to complain about the 1000 tivo 2.0s as anyone else. My complaint isnt as much that people are making them as that people continued to make them. If there are a 20 or 30 Tivo 2.0s out then what is the point of posting yours enless it is either A) above the rest or B) Brings something new.

I put 4 months of practice into that Queens Collectors routine before i posted it and i challenge you to find even 5 other videos online of those tricks combined and presented the way that i performed them.

I get you. I rated your peformance with 4/5 but it is neither a) nor is it b) in my book. The originator still does it better;) So stop sounding so cocky all the time because you combined two routines with each other.

And I agree it is a sad thing that magic is exposed by bad performances, but kids will allways be kids. Practicing something for 4 months requires maturity and patiance:)

Dec 10, 2007
I get you. I rated your peformance with 4/5 but it is neither a) nor is it b) in my book. The originator still does it better;) So stop sounding so cocky all the time because you combined two routines with each other.

And I agree it is a sad thing that magic is exposed by bad performances, but kids will allways be kids. Practicing something for 4 months requires maturity and patiance:)

I never said i could do it better than dan and dave, in fact im still working on it. But when did i ever get cocky? Im not even the one that combined it, i never claimed that i did. So why would i be cocky about that?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results