Best bang for the buck?

Nov 6, 2007
OK this is the deal I’m on a budget “two kids and wife that is tighter with money than bark on a tree”. When I was a kid ~30 years a go I did magic as a hobby know I’m still a kid just a lot older. I would like to purchase one of the tricks featured on the web site. What is the best bang for the buck? I due understand you get what you pay for. I’m will to kick down $40 - $50 bucks. I would like a trick that won’t take a 100 hr’s to perfect but one that I can use as a building block and perfect over time. Thanks ~Baddaddy

Sep 1, 2007
OK this is the deal I’m on a budget “two kids and wife that is tighter with money than bark on a tree”. When I was a kid ~30 years a go I did magic as a hobby know I’m still a kid just a lot older. I would like to purchase one of the tricks featured on the web site. What is the best bang for the buck? I due understand you get what you pay for. I’m will to kick down $40 - $50 bucks. I would like a trick that won’t take a 100 hr’s to perfect but one that I can use as a building block and perfect over time. Thanks ~Baddaddy

Well you may want to stay away from Distortion, the gimmick can break very easy. They will replace it, but if it breaks after a week or 2 you may have to buy another one. But it's only $10.

Witness looks good, but you can buy Lee's notes and get witness for $12 along with some oner effects in his "losing control" notes I think they are called. Its just under another name in his notes. It is very easy to understand, but if you want to learn every aspect of the effect the dvd is better.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Panic is an excellent purchase. Regardless of experience, you should be able to get this one down easy.
Distortion can take some time to get down at first, but the reactions are priceless.
The Trilogy, Vol. 1 has more advanced tricks that take only 52 cards, but I recommend it for advanced card magicians.
I've heard great things about Witness, and it's only $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Panic is an excellent purchase. Regardless of experience, you should be able to get this one down easy.
Distortion can take some time to get down at first, but the reactions are priceless.
The Trilogy, Vol. 1 has more advanced tricks that take only 52 decks of cards, but I recommend it for advanced card magicians.
I've heard great things about Witness, and it's only $20.

The trilogy volume 1 takes 52 decks of cards!!!!! Holy crap!!!!

Nov 6, 2007
Hay…Thanks for everyone’s input. I’m going whack my wife over the head and grab the check book (just kidding) I’m going to buy a descent deck of cards tonight on my commute home tonight. Can anyone tell me the best main stream store to by a deck and what would be the best over the counter deck to buy.~Baddaddy

BTW I just looked up “Royal road to card tricks” Barnes and noble books has it ~$20.00

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
Hay…Thanks for everyone’s input. I’m going whack my wife over the head and grab the check book (just kidding) I’m going to buy a descent deck of cards tonight on my commute home tonight. Can anyone tell me the best main stream store to by a deck and what would be the best over the counter deck to buy.~Baddaddy

BTW I just looked up “Royal road to card tricks” Barnes and noble books has it ~$20.00

stop at almost any drugstore (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) and get a deck of "Bicycle Rider Back Playing Cards"...they are the standard for card magce...about $2-$4 a deck.

(and you only need one deck - ;) ha dark angel )

Aug 31, 2007
California
Trilogy Tricks disc, or if you are willing to purchase elsewhere, I highly recommend Totally Out Of Control by Chris Kenner. Very good purchase

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
If you are on a low budget and you are fairly accustomed to card magic you should get Expert at card technique or if you are beginner Royal ROad to CArd MAgic, both are filled with sleights and some tricks but not as much as there are sleights and some are old fashioned, but still the sleights in them are awesome and some tricks are ok.
If you are willing to pay more you should get the trilogy because it's the best impromptu or very short setup required tricks out there, but for some you will need to practice your butt-off, while others (card to mouth) are fairly simple
If you wasnt a single trick from this site what I would do is wait and see TnR because I have good hopes of that trick

BTW this site isn't really meant for Bang for Buck tricks. It has some good Dvd's, but contain only one trick.

The Trilogy is hard stuff. Some of it is easy, but none of it will be easy enough to get down in a short amount of time.

I suggest a book. If you have intermediate card skill a just bought Cause and Effect by Paul Gordon. It has so many great card tricks.

Also reccomend Royal Road and Expert Card Technique.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results