Best Card Effect

May 7, 2009
Hey guys. I was just wondering... What card trick do u feel gets the greatest reactions? I feel that tricks like back in time is very good. What do u think?

Nov 18, 2008
CA
There is no single handedly "Best" card effect out there. Many different effects can get great reactions with the right presentation.

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
There is no single handedly "Best" card effect out there. Many different effects can get great reactions with the right presentation.

Completely agree with above post. Another factor to keep in mind is it really depends on who your audiences are. Making a quarter appear behind might be amazing to a a 7 year old, but if you do that anyone older than that you might be getting disappointing results. ACR generally gets a great reaction. Another one I'm starting to perform more regularly is the Staple Warp (taught on TA), which also gets great reactions.

Sep 1, 2007
Place one card on the table. Have someone name a card. Let them turn over the card on the table - it is their named card.

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
Place one card on the table. Have someone name a card. Let them turn over the card on the table - it is their named card.

i have heard about a psychological forcing method that came out recently (dee christopher maybe, cant remember) that allows you to do this when you get it right. Is this the method you are referring to and if so could you elaborate on your experience with it?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
i have heard about a psychological forcing method that came out recently (dee christopher maybe, cant remember) that allows you to do this when you get it right. Is this the method you are referring to and if so could you elaborate on your experience with it?

Dee does indeed have a method called ANATE.

But there are other methods, and I would venture the possibility that Ineski, along with others including myself, use different ones.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia

Psychological card forcing is by far one of the most strongest effects that I perform. Although not 100% fool proof, when it does hit, it his HARD! My most enjoyed reactions were from this trick alone.

Some versions which I enjoy are

-Derren Brown's mental card forces
-ANATE by Dee Christopher (However I haven't had much luck, must be due to my presentation, which needs refining)
-Psychological Subtleties have great ideas which all serious mentalists/magicians should read.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Psychological card forcing is by far one of the most strongest effects that I perform. Although not 100% fool proof, when it does hit, it his HARD! My most enjoyed reactions were from this trick alone.

Some versions which I enjoy are

-Derren Brown's mental card forces
-ANATE by Dee Christopher (However I haven't had much luck, must be due to my presentation, which needs refining)
-Psychological Subtleties have great ideas which all serious mentalists/magicians should read.

Same here.

Psychological forces hit really hard if you nail it.

The reactions I have gotten with them are mindblowing.

Jul 7, 2008
Norway
For me the best effect at the moment is "the queens". I really like it.

Here a link of a life performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPkTUszTdPI&feature=related

by the way: Who knows what color change he uses in the end of the effect?

The best effect at the moment is "The Queens"?
Huh, Seriously? Just because it looks cool? That's not the only thing. Magic is more than just style. Magic is about people. Creating a magical moment for your spectators is more important than doing something flashy or stylish... Or a trick invented by Dan and Dave. At least that's what I think.

May 7, 2009
I like the first post... I have really gotten into Hoffzy Ozborne. What kind of sandwich do u guys do. I love the ishkabblible but what else. Also how should i end an ACR

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
sounds so lifeless and boring.
Impossible yes,but whats the motivation?

To be the Highlander. There can be Only One.

If you're a mentalist you can actually combine with two things. Have one person think of an important name/place or thing to them, and have the other think of a card.

After they say what they thought of, You turn over the card to show the correct card AND the correct name.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
To be the Highlander. There can be Only One.

If you're a mentalist you can actually combine with two things. Have one person think of an important name/place or thing to them, and have the other think of a card.

After they say what they thought of, You turn over the card to show the correct card AND the correct name.

Thats a better,yes.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Now that I think about it, this effect is actually on the market. I think it's called Believe by Aaron Delong. The only minor difference is that you don't put a card on the table at the start. The card has the name of an important person/place or thing written on it, and it pulled from a sealed envelope.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results