Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
What would you say is the best, mostly impromptu silverware bending effect? I'd prefer not to have to use a gimmick but regardless of that, what would you say is the best?

I've heard great things about Liquid Metal but what do you guys think?

Also, if I don't own the original Liquid Metal, is Liquid Metal 2 a good purchase. Most of the complaints I've heard were that it included all of Liquid Metal 1 plus a few new tricks.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Liquid Metal 2 also has 1 included.

Personally, I find that most people do it as a trick, which loses a ton of its value. The best routine I've seen performed is by Alain Nu. He does it as the real deal, and the audience ate it up. I've seen him do it on the spot at a bar (which just so happened to have a Brazilian reality show filming that day) and I've seen it at his stage show. It's great.

The thing to remember about metal bending is that you need to understand that this isn't a "bigger is better" deal. If you do too much, it turns into a trick.

When this sort of thing is done "for real" the bends are tiny. A fraction of an inch. Just enough to be able to definitely say, "Look, it's bent!" That's what Banachek fooled the scientists with.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Liquid Metal 2 also has 1 included.

Personally, I find that most people do it as a trick, which loses a ton of its value. The best routine I've seen performed is by Alain Nu. He does it as the real deal, and the audience ate it up. I've seen him do it on the spot at a bar (which just so happened to have a Brazilian reality show filming that day) and I've seen it at his stage show. It's great.

The thing to remember about metal bending is that you need to understand that this isn't a "bigger is better" deal. If you do too much, it turns into a trick.

When this sort of thing is done "for real" the bends are tiny. A fraction of an inch. Just enough to be able to definitely say, "Look, it's bent!" That's what Banachek fooled the scientists with.
How did Alain Nu present it exactly? Did he do most of the effects on the DVD? And do you recommend the DVD?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Alain doesn't do Liquid Metal. He does his own routine - which he does teach, but only at in-person workshops that are rather pricey. He presents metal bending as the real thing, as if he and the audience's combined energy were causing the metal to bend.

I think there's good thinking in Liquid Metal, but I'd never do metal bending the way he does it. It's too much, too fast, in my opinion. When you watch Liquid Metal being performed, it's "Look at how much I can bend this fork without you noticing".

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Alain doesn't do Liquid Metal. He does his own routine - which he does teach, but only at in-person workshops that are rather pricey. He presents metal bending as the real thing, as if he and the audience's combined energy were causing the metal to bend.

I think there's good thinking in Liquid Metal, but I'd never do metal bending the way he does it. It's too much, too fast, in my opinion. When you watch Liquid Metal being performed, it's "Look at how much I can bend this fork without you noticing".
Ohh I see. Could you present liquid metal in the way Alain does?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results