Best TNR

Oct 6, 2007
Whats the best Torn and Restored card effect?

Key things to keep in mind:

Impromtu-ness/amount of setup
Difficulty

Sep 1, 2007
England
There are two that I like a lot.

Torn by DG, tiny set-up, nice visual aspect and not that difficult. Signed card is completely resored and handed out immediately.

The other one I like is Tommy Wonder's handling of Paul Harris' Ultimate Rip-Off. You can find it in The Books of Wonder but you will also need to know Harris' version from AOA. There's a tiny set-up if you use Tommy Wonder's handling, but the good thing is that you only use one card. However, finding a copy of the books of wonder probably won't be easy, they're out of print, though I've heard they might be reprinted...

Go for TORN, it's very good.

Tom

Oct 6, 2007
I've recently been working on 0630 by Daren Yeow and I love it. It takes about 5 mins to set up the gimmick but the tears and restorations are so easy and fair looking. Plus it is a great thing to give them the misprinted card as a souvinier.

Firstly, its not for sale.

And is gimmicked i presume?

Aug 31, 2007
There are two that I like a lot.

Torn by DG, tiny set-up, nice visual aspect and not that difficult. Signed card is completely resored and handed out immediately.

The other one I like is Tommy Wonder's handling of Paul Harris' Ultimate Rip-Off. You can find it in The Books of Wonder but you will also need to know Harris' version from AOA. There's a tiny set-up if you use Tommy Wonder's handling, but the good thing is that you only use one card. However, finding a copy of the books of wonder probably won't be easy, they're out of print, though I've heard they might be reprinted...

Go for TORN, it's very good.

Tom

Tom,

I wasn't aware of that effect by Wonder; thanks for pointing that out.

meauxfeaux

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2007
For completely impromptu: Paul Harris' "The Ultimate Rip-Off"

As for the best in general, after all these years and multiple methods/versions, I gotta say Guy Hollingworth's "Reformation" is still head and shoulders above the rest.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
0630 is for sale as part of the TnR project by Huron Low, It's not for sale individually, but it's still on the market and is a really cool effect!

I rate Torn as an awesome effect, it's really workable and visually stunning. If you visit Cory Chapin's site he has a TnR caller Fusion or something like that which looks mad - I don't know the method though and his effects can be pretty high maintenance.

D.

D.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results