Bicycle Centurions // Speculation, Theories, & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually in ever picture on a website you want to have those tags, Just makes everything a bit more organized

Could be..

In the first link if you look up at the top right corner

You see "Home theory11 : cerca+Trova : 909 " Why is the T capitalized in trova?

No!!!!!!!
I was really hoping the would be those neon pink overalls.
Hmm the more i think about it it is really weirdthat its capitalized.

Sep 1, 2007
So far I've found only two hidden pictures, both links hinted in the video. Other than that I can't find anything else.

I'm really excited about this. I can't wait until they come out! :) They look awesome.

EDIT: Oh yeah and what exactly does the 808 and 909 mean? Is that a type of stock or something?

808 is the standard bicycle poker size rider back cards. I suppose 909 represents the "next step," is you will.

Sep 6, 2007
Estonia
Can anyone PM me what is written on the picture at the lower left corner ?
I cant see the last 2 letters of the 1st word.

Aug 31, 2007
A little background info on where they got the name

A centurion (Latin: centuriō; Greek: εκατόνταρχος (hekatontarchos), κεντουριων (kenturiōn)) was a professional officer of the Roman army after the Marian reforms of 107 BC. Most centurions commanded a century (centuria) of 80 men, but senior centurions commanded cohorts, or took senior staff roles in their legion.

Good ol' Wikipedia

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Well this may be completely unrelated. But there is a beatles song one after the 909. Aaron Fisher names some of his stuff after Beatles things. Helter Skelter, Revolution No. 9 etc.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Here is some info about 808.

The Joker – an American invention dating from about 1865 – has made different appearances in the "Bicycle" line. The first type represented a man on a high-wheeled bike. The bicycle later acquired two wheels of normal size. Then followed a series of playing card kings on bikes. These cyclists wheel past a milestone marked "808." Contrary to some opinions, this number has no mystical meaning. It is merely a reference number distinguishing this brand from others (such as "606") by the same company.
The Ace of Spades carries another code, identifying the year in which the deck was printed. This Ace features, within the suit sign, a woman who rests her right hand on a sword and shield while she holds an olive branch in her left. The image was inspired by Thomas Crawford’s sculpture, "Statue of Freedom." which, in 1865, had been placed atop the Capitol Building in Washington, DC.

So 909... Hmmmm.....

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I found some links that are leading to some videos posted on this site, but i dont think that is it...

Where did you all saw that "cerca+Trova" sign? And where is hidden clue for second picture?

PM me. Thnx

Aug 31, 2007
909.....well Bikes are 808, mini bikes are 404, so are these cards sleightly bigger?. i found 2 pages, but im stuck. nothing in the source code besides baymes teasing.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Here's my input.

I'm am 100% certain that this is the new deck from Daniel Madison. Reasons: it's pretty much obvious that the man in the video is him, and the text D+M appears during the video. If you go to his official site, there's a hidden link that takes you to this page - http://www.danielmadison.co.uk/And.htm

Now, at the bottom of the main page on his site it says "VALENTINE'S DAY 2008"

If you check the source code of that page you get - http://www.danielmadison.co.uk/VDay.htm

It shows a few new products. But none of them the Centurions.... Hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 13, 2007
I took some snapshots of the chronology of the changing title...

its taking a little while to upload

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results