Big Problem

Oct 24, 2007
I got a aureka moment I'm going to talk to my girl and see if i can date the other girl at the same time..yayyyy

and think about it i get publicity and the girl gets me then when the time comes i broke with the girl and keep my girlfriend.

and using people that's part of life......

Alright, I'll give you the fact that you're 13-14 and don't know much about dating. But, talking to your girl to see if you can date the other girl at the same time, she's gonna frickin' kill you man!

Deechristopher made a TREMENDOUS point. If you are even thinking about leaving your girlfriend for some other girl and her dad's contacts, then do you really care for your current girlfriend?

I'm 18, and I love my girlfriend to death and I can say with 100% sureness, that if I had this opportunity, if it had ever even been suggested, I would have said, "HECK NO! NO WAY! I love my girlfriend and she's my life!"

But, it's up to you. There are three things that you have to sort through to decide which you like most. Do you like your current girlfriend? Do you like the other girl? Do you like your magic? Will you do it cause you like the other girl, or just for the magic? Or do you care about your girlfriend more than the other girl and magic?

These are really questions only you can answer for yourself. That's why I didn't tell you to do one thing or the other. I told you what I myself would do in that situation, then I posed some questions that you need to think about. Only you can answer these questions, no one else is in your position. It's up to you man. Peace!

Tyler

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
What could be the problem? If you're good at what you do, I'm sure the father, who apparently has all these great connections will connect you to one of them. If you're no good, dating his 12 year old daughter won't influence him at all.

This really doesn't seem to be a problem or issue relating to magic, and I can't believe you don't have anyone around you to talk about this to. The whole things is kind of silly, if you ask me.

The dad knows I'm good he said it himself.

but the dad is also overprotective. by the way the girl is 14

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
Alright, I'll give you the fact that you're 13-14 and don't know much about dating. But, talking to your girl to see if you can date the other girl at the same time, she's gonna frickin' kill you man!

Deechristopher made a TREMENDOUS point. If you are even thinking about leaving your girlfriend for some other girl and her dad's contacts, then do you really care for your current girlfriend?

I'm 18, and I love my girlfriend to death and I can say with 100% sureness, that if I had this opportunity, if it had ever even been suggested, I would have said, "HECK NO! NO WAY! I love my girlfriend and she's my life!"

But, it's up to you. There are three things that you have to sort through to decide which you like most. Do you like your current girlfriend? Do you like the other girl? Do you like your magic? Will you do it cause you like the other girl, or just for the magic? Or do you care about your girlfriend more than the other girl and magic?

These are really questions only you can answer for yourself. That's why I didn't tell you to do one thing or the other. I told you what I myself would do in that situation, then I posed some questions that you need to think about. Only you can answer these questions, no one else is in your position. It's up to you man. Peace!

Tyler
thanks that really help me and im going to think about it and i dont want leave my GF.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
...That's more like what I'd call a Eureka moment.

Bottom line, There's loads of opportunities that are going to come throughout your magic career - It's good to be excited by the first few that become apparent, but don't drop everything for them. If you really feel you've got the talent and other people see that there's no reason why you can't move forward regardless of this girl's father's status.

Have a chat to some people on the forums and they'll tell you about all sorts of mistakes they've made over the years, some probably quite similar to you situation gone wrong!

You'll get to where you need to be. Do what's right, people will respect you alot more and this industry is very much based on respect!

I hope everything goes well for you!

D.

Oct 24, 2007
OK guys thanks for the advices but I'm going to do the right thing just stay with my girlfriend..

Good decision! I wanted you to decide for yourself, and now that you have, I must say, that's the right decision! :) I love magic. But everyone should remember this quote...

TheAllKnowledgefulWIZARD said:
"Magic is important, but not as important as a person! People always come first, since they are what make your magic magical."

Glad you made the right choice. I had a decision kind of like this one (not the same situation, but concerning my magic) and I decided that there are better routes. See you around! Peace!

Tyler

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
Good decision! I wanted you to decide for yourself, and now that you have, I must say, that's the right decision! :) I love magic. But everyone should remember this quote...

Glad you made the right choice. I had a decision kind of like this one (not the same situation, but concerning my magic) and I decided that there are better routes. See you around! Peace!

Tyler

thanks and that quote is my new sinature

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
You'll find many more contacts in the industry being a cool, respectful young chap!

If you need any advice or help in moving forward in performance or creation or getting out there speak to people in here or the cafe, people will be more than happy to help. PM me if there's anything specific you want to chat about.

D.

Oct 24, 2007
thanks now i don't have the contacts but I still have my girlfriend and a new signature.

Ha ha ha! That's awesome! I made that quote, I'm TheAllKnowledgefulWIZARD. (rofl) I just put that name on the quote as a joke. But the quote is serious. Have fun using it! ;)

Tyler

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results