Black Ghost or...

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Waste. The only cards I would reccomend you get are the Vipers, the Masters, and some Tallys. Also the free gaff deck wouldnt mean much to me anymore since with the new bicycles, the pips are smaller and the court cards look different.

Black Ghost is going for around $220 right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-PLAYING-CA...ultDomain_0&hash=item3cabb3bbaf#ht_1439wt_911

Gold arcanes are going for around $125.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ellusionist-Bic...ultDomain_0&hash=item2a09da8126#ht_2437wt_911

And this is an idiot who thinks cards are way more valuable than they are
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-GHOST-1ST...ultDomain_0&hash=item439a997d4b#ht_1202wt_911

You know what...this could be a good investment. Buy $350 worth of products and sell the gift for 200. Theres $350 for only $150...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2010
black ghosts for $220? That's stupid. What idiot would pay over $200 bucks for a deck of cards?! If your paying anymore than 7 bucks a deck for cards then you're getting ripped off.

True that. Most I'll ever pay is 5 bucks for t11 decks, 6 for S&Ms, and 7 for Split Spades. Anything more would only be to have Jamie put a deck of Bee Stingers in those bottles of his..

Jun 10, 2010
I know. And some guy is selling em for over a thousand. In a steel case. But still.

$1500. For two. Even though he clearly only has one. Look at the wood around it, apparently they go in different directions. And I doubt it's steel, E's too cheap to send it in a steel case.

Black ghosts don't even look sexy. The shadow masters and the 2nd edition look the same and handle better, whereas the gold arcanes will soon be worth the same and they're pretty nice looking, although they're hyped up too much. If E sold them for normal prices, I'd buy a brick myself.

Yeah, I know this is unecessary for me to write, but here's what im getting. before I start, lemme say that i love my cards!

xtreme beginnerz 1 and 2 - $70

proper clip - $30

audio - $20 -- btw, is this worth it? kinda unsure

black tiger red pip (6) - $38

shadow masters (2) - $14

black ghost (2) - $16

tally ho viper circle back (4) - $30

arcane white (3) - $20

2 posters - $34

12 masters blue
gonna use these as my practice cards, they're well worth it - $80
12 masters red

free gaff deck, free tricycle, free arcane gold!

I don't mean to be mean...but even with collecting aside...that's a hell of a lot to spend on cards....lots, and lots....of cards.

If you're collecting, why not buy one deck of each to keep and spend the rest of your cash on something more worthwhile?

Obviously I do not know you and so it's quite possible that you earn enough to buy as many decks of cards as you like (I'm the same as it happens), but if not...sure looks like a waste of cash to me. There's so much magic out there, that money could get you all kinds of goodness.

Rabid

i just updated my cart.. and it's a lot cheaper. I thought about what you guys said so it's now

6 masters of each colour for - $40 -- this'll last me over a year easily

4 black tigers - $27 -- i simply love the blacktigers

1 shadow master - $7

1 black ghost 2nd - $8

2 circle back tallyho's - $16

3 white arcanes - $20

2 posters for $34

audio - $20

so now it's down too $230 instead of $350. i'm getting those 1's and 2's because I like to keep 1 in plastic too collect.... now time to reduce my theory 11 cart.

Jun 10, 2010
i just updated my cart.. and it's a lot cheaper. I thought about what you guys said so it's now

6 masters of each colour for - $40 -- this'll last me over a year easily

4 black tigers - $27 -- i simply love the blacktigers

1 shadow master - $7

1 black ghost 2nd - $8

2 circle back tallyho's - $16

3 white arcanes - $20

2 posters for $34

audio - $20

so now it's down too $230 instead of $350. i'm getting those 1's and 2's because I like to keep 1 in plastic too collect.... now time to reduce my theory 11 cart.

Don't get the masters decks. They look the same, feel the same, and they're more expensive than bikes. Get tally-hos, they have thicker stock like the masters. Around the same thickness, I guess. They're $2 a pack here. 6 of each color of one kind of tally-ho deck here @ t11 would save you 15-16 bucks. If you're getting XB 1 & 2 simply to have one set in plastic, buy that another time. That knocks another 70 off. I'm not sure what the posters are, but $17 a poster should be autographed or something or it's a rip-off.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I completely agree with you buddy! I respect that both companies try hard to make us all be better performers, just like you said. I just like theory11's great forums!

Too the rest of you guys.. I think I'll grab the Gold Arcanes! I would like to say that I won't use them, but knowing me, I'll be really tempted and open them. I just want to make sure I don't bend any cards!!

NOOOOOO!!! Save them and then sell them for like $400 later!!!

Don't get the masters decks. They look the same, feel the same, and they're more expensive than bikes. Get tally-hos, they have thicker stock like the masters. Around the same thickness, I guess. They're $2 a pack here. 6 of each color of one kind of tally-ho deck here @ t11 would save you 15-16 bucks. If you're getting XB 1 & 2 simply to have one set in plastic, buy that another time. That knocks another 70 off. I'm not sure what the posters are, but $17 a poster should be autographed or something or it's a rip-off.

that's a good idea, but I have to say that my teacher has the masters and he said they last him longer... but I will go with the tallyho's i didn't notice that they're cheaper than masters! that saved me some money! And you're right, these posters arent signed or anything, they're just .. USELESS! I'll get rid of them also. I am getting the XB's for the magic, I didn't know it came with a free deck!

So this is what my Ellusionist card looks like:

4 black tigers - $25

1 shadow master - $7

1 black ghost - $8

2 tally ho viper fan backs - $15

3 white arcanes - $19

porper clip - $30

xb's - $70

audio - $20

I think I'll start a new thread for help with my theory 11 cart. It needs some cutting

Now my ellusionist cart looks like this

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results