Bone Ho releases Eye Cut on YouTube.

Apr 14, 2011
I don't think its all that strange. This creates interest, which can then be turned into MORE sales. Which is good, right? Gonna go learn it now ;)

Aug 31, 2007
Hey guys,

I don't necessarily think this a bad thing at all. For the people who originally purchased the DVD, you bought both the tutorial and the advantage of learning it first, before most of the world. The DVD was released over two years ago - I'm sure if they had said that the tutorial would be for free in two years people would've still purchased it.

Never Say Never 3D came out in February, and I knew I could get it on Netflix 3 months later, but I paid for the experience of seeing it on opening night, before anyone else. I also saw the Director's Cut 2 weeks later, but that is totally unrelated.

For me personally, I never had the chance to buy the Virt's DVD, so I'm all for it. However, if I had a time machine and could go back to the opening release, I probably would've bought it to further my cardistry level back then. I also would use the time machine to convince Charlie Sheen not to drink Tiger Blood. Just my thoughts!

~Zach

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
Hey guys,

I don't necessarily think this a bad thing at all. For the people who originally purchased the DVD, you bought both the tutorial and the advantage of learning it first, before most of the world. The DVD was released over two years ago - I'm sure if they had said that the tutorial would be for free in two years people would've still purchased it.

Never Say Never 3D came out in February, and I knew I could get it on Netflix 3 months later, but I paid for the experience of seeing it on opening night, before anyone else. I also saw the Director's Cut 2 weeks later, but that is totally unrelated.

For me personally, I never had the chance to buy the Virt's DVD, so I'm all for it. However, if I had a time machine and could go back to the opening release, I probably would've bought it to further my cardistry level back then. I also would use the time machine to convince Charlie Sheen not to drink Tiger Blood. Just my thoughts!

~Zach

I think JDENredden is talking about the fundraiser by The Virts

Jan 21, 2010
I think JDENredden is talking about the fundraiser by The Virts

That's what I have in mind when considering this video. I for one "bought" the package of the Anaconda and eye cut. Don't get me wrong, i was extremely willing/happy to donate to japan; I do, however feel a tad miffed that the virts/Bone would give rewards that purport to be one-of-a-kind and then turn around and put it out for free a week or two later. In the end, regardless of whether I agree with the decision, I think that Bone is coming from the right place. Instead of releasing it for fame and credit, he is releasing it to prevent its exploitation. I just think it would be a shame if all of their material went public...

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hey guys,

~Zach

I wouldn´t have seen that movie even if somebody actually pay me to see it!!

That said...I think they are free to do what they please with the Eye Cut...after all...I heard somewhere that when a magician releases new magic...is pretty old for them...and more if it´s free...

Mar 19, 2011
Malaysia
This is from Bone Ho: Hi everyone. The reason I posted this tutorial is that I do not see a point of keeping it anymore. I heard that some people are selling it to their friends even at a higher rate than the original and some bought it then re-uploaded. Fact is, EYE CUT was never sold again after being sold-out in the first week, so there is no way for those people who want it can buy it anymore - Therefore, they must pay an unreasonable amount of money just to have it. I know it's hard for those who have paid for it, you guys were wonderful! Thanks alot for doing so! I hope that you guys can understand that I just want the best for everyone and the art has go forward - Thank you so much for everything!

Dec 25, 2007
I just saw this now. I have mixed feelings about this.
First i thought that giving the eye cut for free was not very nice to those who have paid for it (and no matter what you say i think everyone "donated" the $50 mostly because of the prizes).
I think that it was overpriced back in '09, and to go from $40 (20 or so in HSJ) to free is a big step.
On the other hand I think that if people sell the tutorial or make their own free tutorials, it is better for the creator to release it for everyone.

I have mixed feelings of being cheated, and that i should not be so petty. At the end it is Bone's decision (of course) and i am so lucky that i can still think of the other things i got with the eye cut and that i supported a good case.

I can understand Bone's train of thought behind why he was motivated to release it for free, and being that it is his material he is able to do so, however that being said I have to say that I don't like it.

I think the action of posting this material for free really devalues it for those who did pay money for it back in '09. I know that had I been one of those who bought it, and I just found out that it's now free by the author I'd be wanting my money back.

Just my two cents.

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
It happen in gamming too: normally, a top end game came around 50$, 70$ if you buy a limited or collector edition. After a year or so, it cut the price in half. So many people who bough Dragon age 1 was dissapointed to pay around 100$ for the game and all the DLC after to realise only a year later, you could have bough it for 50$. I can clearly understand the feeling :).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results