Bored on Memorial Day

May 31, 2008
Happy Memorial Day everyone, I've been spending mine the same way I always do--confusing it with Labor Day. Memorial Day is like practice for Summer vacation (which is coming up in two weeks) Today, I've been extremely bored. Luckily I have plans for summer, but today has been mind-numbing I decided I should make a magic video, unfortunately it's cloudy, and my fellow magician and camera man is out of town. So, I made a solo magic video. Don't worry, I'm outside, there's no crotch shot, and I'm wearing pants.

I shot a video of an effect I came up with a few months ago. It's kind of cool, but it's very generic, and a little bit boring. I have no presentation or script. I also spelled "dramatic" wrong.

Video: http://www.vimeo.com/12187436

Password: memorialday

I am aware that I flashed a bit on the first slip force due to the camera angle, but you guys are the only ones who will see it, and you know what I was going to do anyway. I would really appreciate input into the effect, but my main goal is to find some kind of interesting patter.

Thanks, and remember, never eat Aunt Jemima Griddle Cakes, no matter how hungry you are.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Good Job

Good Job, I just got home from lunch at my favorite restaurant and found a couple with their 4 year old. All I did was bust out a loop and did a floating card, they got my business card. Happy Memorial day. :D

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I practiced a new version of "card warp" for my family members today. It went really well.

I also did Danny Archer's "Sneak Preview" which went over good too.
It is a mind reading effect.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Meh. I lol'd a few times at the mindless banter at the beginning of the video. You reminded me of Alan Ruck (Cameron from Ferris Bueller), so that made it enjoyable. /The end.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results