Business card design tell me what you think

Attachments

• business card pic copy.jpg
    business card pic copy.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 189

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Remove or change "magic is freedom", makes you sound like a magic cult. Don't put your address unless it's a business premises address and rotate the card so that the red K is in the opposite corner. Other than that it's good.

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
thanks for the input guys. Since I'm 14 this is my first time making business cards

Sep 9, 2010
I would definitely take off your address.
The biggest thing to think about when making a business card is what kind of gigs you want to get, what audience you want to have. this is good for some stuff, but if you were doing say, children's birthday parties, it wouldn't have as much impact as a little cartoon of a rabbit and a hat, or something like that. that's the biggest thing to think about though, WHO IS YOUR AUDIENCE! :)

=====
Casen

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
I would definitely take off your address.
The biggest thing to think about when making a business card is what kind of gigs you want to get, what audience you want to have. this is good for some stuff, but if you were doing say, children's birthday parties, it wouldn't have as much impact as a little cartoon of a rabbit and a hat, or something like that. that's the biggest thing to think about though, WHO IS YOUR AUDIENCE! :)

=====
Casen
thanks! this really helps. I wasn't sure what to put for a design, but now I'll think about my audience then the design. I was thinking about parties, fundraisers and maybe kid parties. so thanks again

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
With our new logo, we needed new business cards, so all of our core team got these babies in the mail this past week. They're made of stainless steel, with all text laser etched and symbols die-cut. (personal info blurred out)

OBqWB.jpg

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
With our new logo, we needed new business cards, so all of our core team got these babies in the mail this past week. They're made of stainless steel, with all text laser etched and symbols die-cut. (personal info blurred out)

OBqWB.jpg

These seem just a BIT excessive. I might actually make something like this for fun using a laser cutter at a TechShop.

Also a while back when you posted a picture of your card with the old logo, you didnt blur out your info.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Business card design tell me what you think

It looks good. I would reconsider the need to put your mailing address on your card. Ask yourself: Do you need it? What reason? Do you want people to send you letters? etc.

Make your name larger, then just have your contact methods on there -phone, email, website (if applicable). You want people to have the important info at first glance.

Ang

Sep 4, 2010

OBqWB.jpg
wow how much would that be to make; looks expensive...

Sep 9, 2010
thanks! this really helps. I wasn't sure what to put for a design, but now I'll think about my audience then the design. I was thinking about parties, fundraisers and maybe kid parties. so thanks again

Happy to help.

Jun 10, 2010
My only qualms with JB's card is that it seems like something I'd be reluctant to hand out.

@JB, how often do you (or the other crew members) pass cards like that out?

Wow these are nice makes me too embarrassed now to show off the one that my group think is perfect for us well maybe I will when I clean up the graphics a bit more. On a side note for years now ( 30 + ) I have been collecting magicians biz cards if you would be willing to send me yours to add to my collection drop me a pm and I will shoot you a envelope all stamp and ready to shoot back to me your card to add to my collection currently about 300 and some cards give or take a few 100hundred lost count at some point as it out grew my biz card holder.
James

Dec 11, 2010
California
Im not a lawyer or anything of that sort, but having a card (king of clubs) on your business card might bring about a legal issue since it is not your design of the card (king of clubs). You might want to check up on it.

Apr 7, 2011
the underground.
The business cards shown in this thread are amazing, especially Bayme's. I've been working on my business card for a while as well, just haven't got it 'perfect' it. You'll see a picture from me soon!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results