Business Card Feedback

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Hey guys. It has recently become apparent that I am in need of a business card, and so I have put together this design. Any feedback would be appreciated. (Just so you know, I do usually wear a hat when performing)

cardpublic1.png

Thanks,

Joe

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I actually like it a lot. What is the exact color on the left side of the spade? It looks a bit odd but I realize you need contrast to see the letters. Is it a gray? Very simplistic yet classy. Nice work.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Looks really slick.
One thing to look into, if you don;t have one, is a website. A lot of people will want to see your site and read what your about, and it's almost standard to have a web address on business cards.
As for the aesthetics, you nailed it.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Wow, that card is simple, yet sick! I really like it a lot, probably one of the best I've seen. Good job! :)

Hey guys. It has recently become apparent that I am in need of a business card, and so I have put together this design. Any feedback would be appreciated. (Just so you know, I do usually wear a hat when performing)

cardpublic1.png

Thanks,

Joe

I like it. A lot. It says everything it needs to, and doesn't go over board. The only suggestion I could give, all be it a minor one, is to include your website address on the card.

Well done!

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Thanks guys.

Before I add my website, I'm going to need a website, so I guess I'll make that my next project. I used the light red/grey colour as an alternative to white because I felt just white looked too plain. I am probably going to change the hat to be a trilby hat to make it more accurate.

Joe

Jan 16, 2008
Very simple, but beautiful. I personally think the hue on the left side of the Spade looks nice, but could be a tuned lighter a notch.
And might I suggest something else? Consider "hanging" your hat on the top of the letter "H"; I think it'll be a nice touch of uniqueness among the elegant layout of the whole card. Truth be told, I just like wearing my hat tilted. :p

Very nice.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I like the contrasting color idea with the letters and the spade, but I think the hat graphic overdoes it a bit. I would take out the hat entirely.

"top hats" don't exactly shout "close up magician" either, which is why losing it could be good as well. However, I just think the card w/o it would be better.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I like the contrasting color idea with the letters and the spade, but I think the hat graphic overdoes it a bit. I would take out the hat entirely.

"top hats" don't exactly shout "close up magician" either, which is why losing it could be good as well. However, I just think the card w/o it would be better.

i would only suggest removing it if it was not the image he was going for. But he stated he wears a hat, so it fits.

Nice card btw

j

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results