Card box/case

Jun 7, 2009
I took a trip down to Denny and Lee's Magic studio in Baltimore today and bought my first deck of Norm Nielson manipulator's cards, I like them alot, except they do not come with a box.

I like to carry my cards around with me at all times because I do most of my practising during my breaks at work. Even for decks that come with cardboard boxes, the box will often tear or get destroyed as I work and then the cards bend (I've gone through too many Bee decks this way.) I have a porper grip for my Guardians which does wonders to protect them, however there is nothing I can find which is the right size for Nielson's cards. I tried looking at cigarette cases but they're just not quite big enough.

Does anyone have any ideas for something metal, or at least hard plastic that might work?

Jun 7, 2009
I was just looking for a more permanent solution, I always wear through the cardboard boxes. :/ Still, thats what I'm doing now, so good on ya. Thanks.

Jan 13, 2008
There are two sources I can think of for deck protectors:

1) Comic book shops sell deck protectors for trading card games (like Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc). I have a few, and they'd definitely fit a deck of cards, and then some (I enjoy Magic in all it's forms ;)).

2) Sports card shops would sell various types of protectors. I used to collect hockey cards...they definitely have card protectors of all types and sizes. They'd have protectors to keep packets in, full decks, or even multiple decks. Usually they're clear plastic, although there are others out there, too.

Personally, I'd go with the deck protectors for trading card games. But, that's just me.

I hope this helps! :)

Trading card boxes are an alright idea, but theres no way they will fit in your pocket. They are designed to hold cards in protective sleeves and are huge and will not be comfortable. I would say go for an E clip, I have one and its lasted years and does a great job. Necessity is the mother of invention and I would bet that with a good piece of metal, a vice, and some pliers you could have a custom deck case.

Are you in high school? If so, get one of your friends in metal shop to make on for you. Another idea is to maybe buy some of those clear plastic Bicycle playing cards in the clear case and just use that case( if they would fit of course) http://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Clear-Playing-Cards/dp/B000M4XGD2

Jun 8, 2009
At one time, I used a hard plastic lunch box. It was big enough for me to carry 4 decks around, so I could carry enough cards for a "You Do As I do" as I do routine and have a couple of spare cards for cardwarp and have a stacked deck in there too.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
At one time, I used a hard plastic lunch box. It was big enough for me to carry 4 decks around, so I could carry enough cards for a "You Do As I do" as I do routine and have a couple of spare cards for cardwarp and have a stacked deck in there too.

Oh God... you really carried a lunchbox full of cards around with you?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results