Card in Bottle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RHR, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

So yesterday I was trying hard to create a new effect. I picked up a vitamin water bottle and a card and I brainstormed.

I wanted to create the perfect card in bottle, and I was playing around with it and finally came up with two methods that I think are really good.

Im just wondering if anyone has come up with a method of doing this and if so PM me and will chat.

thanks!,
    RHR

2. there are not many card to bottle effects around, it's only coin to bottles. post it on theory11 and i'd love it see it!

3. I have Jamie's.. He doesn't alter the deck or bottle.. It's amazing. Although, the deck's cellophane looks a bit crunched and pushed down on the top right corner

4. i think hes refering to a single card inside a bottle and not a whole deck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    i think i've seen someone have a card inside a beer bottle? but thats probaby some custom made bottle?
    Like jngmagic said, most people tend to stick with coin to bottles, if you actually find a way to do a card to bottle, i'd love to see it :D

5. Wow, I just had to reply to this one, just yesterday, I was also trying hard to create a new effect, and had the exact same idea to do a card to bottle trick (I`m not joking, it`s true). I`m still trying to come up with a method. I did, but it still needs a lot of work, for sure. What a coincidence. If you want, PM me.
    Good luck.

6. A card to bottle effect is not new by any means as the one I use requires a little bit of misdirection during an off beat and one other technique. Due to our exposure rules I cannot go any further into detail but Shane Black and I sat and talked about his method that he uses as well.

Remember: a signed card to bottle is much stronger than a duplicate.

RHR....just sent you a PM.

7. 2 things - 1, the Jamie he's referring to is Jamie Daws
    2, that's only the corner of the card. I assume the OP is referring to a true card in bottle, not just a corner.

8. Since I`m also in the process of creating that trick, if you could PM me as well, I`ll really appreciate it.
    Thanks!