Card Warp Solutions

Hey guys. There has been many threads about people's cards being warped and "clicks." I hope that this thread can help you guys solve these problems! I, for one, experience with these problems daily, so here we go.

1. Click Bending.

This has happened to me many times over the months, but recently, there was a huge weather change. I mean huge, like from 60 degrees to 20 degrees. Back when it was 60 degrees, my cards were fine, but every since the change, my cards "click." Since this, I would suggest to keep your cards in a place where temperature rarely changes, such as a drawer or a closet, or maybe a shoe box. That should help prevent the dreaded "click bending."

This may sound very very VERY weird, but here's my solution. Keep playing around with your deck until your sweat gets into the cards. Yes, your sweat! Every time my cards "click" my sweat...tenderizes them? Anyway, when they bend smoothly and don't click anymore, place them inside the box and put pressure under it. (Heavy books work for me, you don't need to have a card guard/clip) In a few hours (after your sweat has dried) they should be good to go!

2. Warping

When cards get like this, their edges and shapes may be completely "squiggly". Take a card and hold it up to your eyes and hold it where you can see the edges and you'll see what I mean. How I solve this, is to take the deck, arrange every OTHER card face down/face up depending on how you're holding your deck.

Example: Face up card, then face down card, face up card, then face down card.

After you're done, it may look like that blooming flower thing that Jeff McBride teaches you in his Art Of Card Manipulations series (I forgot which volume.) Put them in your case. You can just leave it in your case for a few days, but the fastest way to unwarp them, is more pressure. Heavy books and/or card guards/clips work fine.

I hope this helps guys! It's worked for me many times.

;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results