CEDthegeek NEW Website

Hello guys is me Cedric. How have you been??? Well first off I have to thank Efa Dunstan for his outstanding work, and I wanted to introduce you guys to my site. I don't have many vids up now, but will continue putting more performances in the near future including my routine entitled PopCorn with fellow T11 member Rik Allen. There are some really slick and exciting routines in the effect as well.

Hope to see you on the site soon....

www.cedthegeek.co.cc

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hi Ced,

Nice to see you taking some initiative in making a site. A bit of feedback, if you want to know - if you don't, that's fine, I won't judge, just ignore the below.

From an insider point of view, the title page reminded me instantly of BBM's Karnivals... Just so you know... That's not really a big deal though. What is, is that on the main page, your font makes things quite difficult to read. Too much text, in the wrong font.

Nonetheless, it's a decent step towards professionalism. I don't know whether you're going for a completely professional page here (there are a few other small things if you are), but on the whole, it looks good.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Pretty nice really!

One thing (besides what praetoritevong said), you say "his skill set includes" then you say (as one of your skill sets) "self mutilation". I'm pretty sure that's a bit disturbing. I know you do geek magic, and that's your style, but "self mutilation" makes me think of really gross things, not magic. It makes me think if I hire you, I'm going to get to see a guy on stage cutting into his wrist with a rusty spoon while pulling veins out. (I know that's a bit graphic, but it just sounds gross).

Again, don't know if you're looking for constructive criticism, but there it is if you want it:D.

Good job and good luck with your career!

Cheers

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You are definitely getting the right idea but the font on the front page definitely needs changed. As soon as I opened it I was like "whoa...that's hard to read".

I don't know if it needs broken up into smaller chunks or if it is just the style of font but it doesn't look good.

Not bashing you...just giving you and outsiders honest view point.

Included video section was good. Perhaps add some actual photos of yourself later on down the line.

Your contact page doesn't sound professional at all. "If you wanna Talk, Chat, or have Dinner..." I understand it is humorous, but it sounds tacky and unprofessional.

CED..I'm just give you pointers...you do not have to take them. I know you are a great magician.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are definitely getting the right idea but the font on the front page definitely needs changed. As soon as I opened it I was like "whoa...that's hard to read".

I don't know if it needs broken up into smaller chunks or if it is just the style of font but it doesn't look good.

Not bashing you...just giving you and outsiders honest view point.

Included video section was good. Perhaps add some actual photos of yourself later on down the line.

Your contact page doesn't sound professional at all. "If you wanna Talk, Chat, or have Dinner..." I understand it is humorous, but it sounds tacky and unprofessional.

CED..I'm just give you pointers...you do not have to take them. I know you are a great magician.
@praetoritevong: I am interested in everything you see wrong. I'm thick skinned so yeah i can take it. I'm looking to better myself...so yeah....

@scarecrow1: I'll come up with some other ways of saying things... Anything else you feel i should change???
p.s.: I might just do that rusty spoon thing...haha....

@reverhart: Thanks for that. I'm looking to better myself by having other people's opinions. I mean you guys know what you want to see so your opinions matter...

I am working on photos as well.....

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Glad to hear it :) Reverhart pretty much said the main thing - your contact page is too casual and sounds unprofessional. I'd also remove the myspace reference and change your email - get something @cedthegeek if at all possible; if not, perhaps something like cedthegeek@gmail.com - the consistency has a professional look. While I was doing work for a student society earlier this year, I had to contact numerous banks, investment banks, accounting firms, etc. - and so I used a formal email for all correspondence and just forwarded it all to my normal inbox. If there's something critical on your myspace, then get it hosted on your website :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results