Chris Kenner : Q&A >>> You Ask. I Answer.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
I just thought of another quick question....please don't hate me :(

Mr. Kenner.....what are the chances of you sending me a deck of your choice for Christmas?? I have yet to own anything that's even remotely rare.

Hey....no harm in asking..... :) (goes off...and dreams Chris will actually do this......)

take care :)

I would like to hear this straight from a profession magician that has been through the good and the bad, that being you.

What was the process you created most of you magic effects? Paul Harris once said to drop all you inhibitions of thinking and think that no idea is dumb, just a gateway to other ideas.

my question:

can you be honest with us...

how old are you?

I don't want a lie. I know you hang around those so called ninjas and they have crazy time stopping and age altering methods.

Year, month, day, hour, minute. second.

Sep 1, 2007
How do you practice;

How often, what do you do when you practice? Do you go through your routines, practice sleights, patter? How often and for how long? Do you practice strictly or casually?
What does a professional do to practice? What is the process?

When you perform close-up what, specifically, do you do in each routine? Do you do a lot of effects, big small, medium...

Thanks.

Chris,
How has working with David Copperfield made an impact on your professional and personal life?

David is a pretty outstanding person and is very good with people and funny as heck, so I am thinking some of this rubs off on his crew and makes a really big impact with whomever he comes in contact with personally and professionally as he seems to have really good leadership skills.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Where do you find most of your creativity/inspiration for sleights/illusions comes from? Do you sit and think or is it more of a lightbulb above your head moment? For me personally a lot of my ideas come to me whilst I'm in the shower... Go figure. :p

- Sean

Sep 2, 2007
Chris

This is a rather interesting ETHICAL question. Chris, you would be the best guy to ask because of all the work you do for DC.

As a general rule, I have been told that if a trick is in print, it is ok to perform on TV, film etc. However, some magicians have told me that this is not so.

my question is: If a piece of magic is in print, is it legitimate to perform on TV, Film etc without asking permission from the creator? Can a person get in trouble if they perform something that the creator has not authorized them to perform?"

(remember...it is PERFORM, not tip the method or teach the method)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 25, 2007
short question,but serious(and please be honest,or PM me with your honest reply):
would you use any of theory 11's tricks?
do u buy make tricks anymore?

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
What/who usually inspires and influences you during trick creation? And do you got any advice for trick creation?
I know it's 2 questions but they kind of go together.

BTW I like Longman's question.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results