Classic Must Have Books

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The King of Small Towns
Plan for Success
How to make money giving free talks.

Those 3 things from Richard Webster should also help a lot as well.

Tho I really think you should worry more about just getting experience performing and worry about all the business stuff later on.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i agree one of the most valuable things is performance experience, but when 55% of the student body asks if you can do anything else, or if you've learned anything new over Christmas break. you know a step or two needs to be taken in the practice room

Sep 1, 2007
Play by your rules instead of theirs. You can force a card right? How about instead of saying, "No I don't have anything new," you say, "I've been working on some stuff. You want to help me with an experiment?" Simple mind reading trick.

It's a throw-away effect. Cheap. But if you frame it in the light of, "This is what I'm currently developing," they won't see a card trick. They'll think you're working on mind reading. Effectively, you're giving them a teaser. This buys you time and keeps them excited and anticipating more.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Play by your rules instead of theirs. You can force a card right? How about instead of saying, "No I don't have anything new," you say, "I've been working on some stuff. You want to help me with an experiment?" Simple mind reading trick.

It's a throw-away effect. Cheap. But if you frame it in the light of, "This is what I'm currently developing," they won't see a card trick. They'll think you're working on mind reading. Effectively, you're giving them a teaser. This buys you time and keeps them excited and anticipating more.

i like it, great stuff, i'll remember that next time

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results