Close-Up & Personal - David Regal

May 1, 2009
UK
This is a review of David Regal's Hardback Book Close-Up & Personal, after seeing the contents of Close-Up & Personal Harry Lorayne's comment was-
"He'll fool the hell out of you". The words uttered by Max Maven shortly after reading David Regal's Book "This stuff's so clever It's criminal!" Ken Krenzel- "An abundance of novel, offbeat gems."

The book itself is top quality & will last a life time if looked after, there's a preface by Ken Krenzel & an introduction by Max Maven. Then foreword by David Regal himself commenting this book is a collection of his favourite effects from the past ten years.

The book is very easy to learn from David Regal covers everything, i like the method he uses. David goes over how the effect came about, then the effect, whats needed for the effect, the setup if any, then teaches the effect in steps with photo's so everything is very clear when learning.

The book has a good mix of magic cards mostly, Coin effects with & without gaff's, A pack of cigarettes transforms into one full gum. While the performer & a spectator each holds his own business card, the cards change places. A borrowed finger-ring is openly & honestly placed under an inverted glass. Without a move, the ring disappears from this protected spot & cleanly reappears under a second glass over a foot away.(this effect was performed by Paul Daniels on his British TV series.) There is something for everyone in this book.

I mostly perform card magic & there are some hell of effects in this book with cards, that are very visual. There & Back is a borrowed ring travels from one inverted glass to another, highly recommended as this effect you can buy on its own separate from the book. For Marlo is a packet effect with cards, Leap of Faith another visual stunning effect to look out for in this book.

Anyway i highly recommend this book & you will use some of the material in this book an easy 9/10 for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results