Coin Bend

Feb 5, 2010
What is your favorite coin bend effect to perform? and what kind of reactions did you get

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I perform a standard utility switch with a slow, visual bend that was taught on Go Magic Go! (I forget what episode) It looks great and works well.

I've also had great success with Dee Christopher's Syn. It's a double coin bend, one visually and one in the spectators hand. This is a simultaneous bend and has a method that allows the spectator to tell everyone they can feel the coin bending in their hand.

With the first one, the reactions are awesome, I vary up the way I bend the coin from time to time...but borrow a quarter and bend it, give it back. You need a convincing performance to make people believe you, but bending a coin is hard hitting.

I've only performed Syn a handful of times, it killed on multiple levels every time. The visual bending of the first quarter (when practiced well) looks beautiful and then a quarter that was regular moments before is bent in their hand after the first...it's pretty damn amazing.

Feb 5, 2010
those sound like awesome coin bends.
And i have to agree with you when you said coin bending is hard hitting.

Ive had the same results with Infinity Bend and Indentation (a effect i made and still testing it out)

With infinity bend. i got great reactions. Its a killer and one of my all time favorite effects.

With indentation. The couple times i performed it i got killer reactions. and im just tweaking it up a bit more.

Sep 3, 2007
I actually bend the coin with my fingers. It seems to get a pretty good reaction. The only problem being that the coin I bend isn't the original. A simple piece such as bending a coin shouldn't have an elaborate method.

I heard one guy brought in two pairs of pliers and bent the coin when "they weren't looking." Only problem was that one time he wasn't looking either. He got all surgical on himself on accident. Long story short... just use the simple method.

Sep 20, 2009
I Use Quarters of course..

and a very nice technique taught by Marc Spellman ( don't know where he got it from, or if it's his)... you can show your hand empty, ask for some change, take a coin from their hand and then bend it at your fingertips

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results