Combining different art forms to your magic

May 10, 2012
Heya!

The title is basically it. I love how Tina Lennart plays the harp. I love how Rob Z. tap dances. I love how the Unholy Three uses music. I love combining different art forms into magic. I have recently gotten into beat poetry thanks to Tim Minchin and use it in my magic.

What art forms would you/do you combine with your magic performances?

Dec 29, 2011
I've been thinking for a while about blending contact juggling with magic, they go together so well. Most people who see it think its magic anyway though.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Flamenco dance..especially the women...I saw a flamenco dancer moving so fast...then stop and move gently...then again so fast and strong...and again..so gently...and I love how they move her wrists...

I always wanted to mix cardistry with those moves...

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Flamenco dance..especially the women...I saw a flamenco dancer moving so fast...then stop and move gently...then again so fast and strong...and again..so gently...and I love how they move her wrists...

Hispanic performers, especially some of those that came to the States during the 80s and early 90's were all classically trained in this dance style and at least one I know of was a genuine Bull Fighter. I bring this up because of how it teaches them to express "command" and "confidence" during their programs with their entire being. It is exceptionally rare to see this sort of presence in typical American or even European performers.

When it comes to the issue of combining other art forms I believe dance has always stood at the fore as has mime. The stage performer (as in big show) is able to express his/her fascination with many things by creating sets with differing themes, such as a Japanese/Samurai type bit that would reveal one's intrigue (inspiration) via said culture, the martial arts and eve Kabuki Theater if desired.

Music has frequently been exploited, especially by guys like Christopher Hart and the uncanny Norm Nielsen.

I've played with so many different themes and combinations I can't really say which would be my "favorite" when it comes to actual "art forms" being mixed in that they are all important based on what we are seeking to create. Presently it would have to be the art of oratory and being a storyteller.

May 10, 2012

Cardistry with flamenco dancing… That's pretty cool!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results