Control - DVD vs. Download

If you are getting Control, will you buy the DVD or the Download?

• Download

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • DVD

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
Sep 14, 2007
I started this just needing this question answered:

Will there be any difference between the material on the actual DVD and the material on the download? Or, is there any advantage to having the DVD over the download?

So that's my main question. And I added the poll as a last minute thought. To see what you guys will be getting.

Shane.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA

Will there be any difference between the material on the actual DVD and the material on the download? Or, is there any advantage to having the DVD over the download?

So that's my main question. And I added the poll as a last minute thought. To see what you guys will be getting.

Shane.

Menus. The Download won't have menus (obviously). Also, there may not be certain things that can only be found on the DVD, like easter eggs.

David

D

Deleted member 2755

Shane.

I won't answer this as I think I'll be getting both. The DVD has an advantage because

1. you have a hard copy. (However, you can always back up your download by putting it on a cd or flash drive or something...

2. menus

3. The DVDs sometimes have some small hidden clips and bloopers that the downloads don't have.

4. You can watch the DVD on a tv, however you can convert the videos to ipod format and if you have a video ipod with te AV cables, you can watch them on your tv. I did this with a 1 on 1 video, but I found the quality more enjoyable on a computer.

However, some people don't want to pay the extra money for shipping (especially Europeans and Australians) so the download is the best option for them. Hope this helped.

-Doug

Well,

It depends on how you look at it, and I think the DVD is the better way to go.

I actually like waiting for my products because it makes me nervous and excited. With a Download you instantaneously (sp?) receive your product (minus download time) which is very helpful like Doug said for people in Europe, Australia, Outer Space, etc.

It's really up to you, and how fast your computer is.

-RA69

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Well,

It depends on how you look at it, and I think the DVD is the better way to go.

I actually like waiting for my products because it makes me nervous and excited. With a Download you instantaneously (sp?) receive your product (minus download time) which is very helpful like Doug said for people in Europe, Australia, Outer Space, etc.

It's really up to you, and how fast your computer is.

-RA69

I agree with you, knowing that something is coming for me in the mail makes the wait for the product even better.

Personally, I dislike downloading products, unless it is available exclusively as a download.

D

Deleted member 2755

You guys are right. I think I'll save 5 bucks and get the dvd. As much as I want to watch Control, if I got the download and dvd, it would just be an act of impatience and when the dvd comes I would probably never watch it because I would have already seen the download. DVD for me. (I'll vote for it now.)

Sep 2, 2007
I'll probably will be purchasing the DVD. However, the DVD and Instant Download combination is intriguing.

Of course, to each his own, but with the combo, while the DVD is still in the mail, the download will allow for practicing and learning the effect instantly, without waiting for the Control DVD to arrive in the mail.

I'm not sure how far along the LightSpeed shipping option -- which allows one's package to be teleported to one's house in less than 30 seconds -- has gotten.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 16, 2007
I won't answer this as I think I'll be getting both. The DVD has an advantage because

3. The DVDs sometimes have some small hidden clips and bloopers that the downloads don't have.

-Doug

Although the download would have SOME bloopers is that right? Or are the bloopers only for DVD purchases?

Jan 7, 2008
Personally im getting the download but that's only because i live in england and don't really want to wait. Don't get me wrong i do love the feeling of anticipation but I don't have enough to spare on shipping at the moment, and if i did i wouldn't want to wait weeks for my DVD. So yea, it's the download for me.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Yeah, I live in England aswell, and it'd take "7-21 days" for the DVD to arrive, spending my money on the cheapest shipping (cant really afford much more at the minute). 3 weeks is too long. There won't be too much difference between then DVD and Download anyway.

Sep 14, 2007
I think I'm going to end up getting the dvd. I mean, mays well. Then I can throw in a shirt and a few decks. I also only live in British Columbia, Canada. So...won't be that long. Orders from ellusionist take 9 days. Should be about the same.

Also, I mean. I'm the guy who will read a book from the library, then go and buy it just to have it. :p

Thanks,
Shane.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I'll be getting the DVD.

But, I'm going to wait for Prophet to come out so I can get Control, Prophet and perhaps TnR at the same time, which makes the $38 in shipping kinda worth it. Or, I may also wait for Dangerous.. I dunno, really.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results