Control: Pre-Review

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, I just thought I would post my review on the method of Control, as I am happily in possession of it. Please don't ask how, as I have explained myself so many times. Just search in one of the numerous Control threads.

Method

Give me a second to stop laughing. It's so simple. Yet so ingenious. This is the party trick. Not to sound derogatory or anything, as Control has to be one of the best impromptu effect in my arsenal. I don't mean to sound like you should perform this only at parties. Anyway, it's pretty much perfect. It's impromptu, amazing, and looks so good!

Angles

Are you kidding? What angles? Don't worry, you don't have to worry about people seeing the ball in your armpit, there isn't one! You can literally perform this naked. Just ask Dana!

Difficulty

The method itself is so easy, and you can pick it up like that. The only thing you have to get used to is performing the move. It may seem a little... obvious at first to you.

Once I purchase the actual Control DVD I will update this review with info on the DVD and teaching itself.

Peace out!

David

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Ugh, I guess I'm going to explain myself again. Last year, I came up with a pretty cool pulse stop. I tried it out, and it worked great. I then asked Wayne what he thought of it, and to my surprise he said it was exactly the same as Control. Pretty cool, huh?

On your other question. I have no idea. That part I didn't create. I guess we'll have to see.

David

D

Deleted member 2755

I actually realized today I can do the *** stop without the ***:p I just squeeze my arm to my side, but apparently according to Wayne that is not the method. (It is also unsafe I've heard.) Even if it was, I'm getting this DVD mainly for the heart stop effect. I cannot wait.

-Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I actually realized today I can do the *** stop without the *** I just squeeze my arm to my side, but apparently according to Wayne that is not the method. (It is also unsafe I've heard.) Even if it was, I'm getting this DVD mainly for the heart stop effect. I cannot wait.

-Doug

Nope, that's not the method. Yes, it is unsafe because it blocks off a major artery. Control doesn't do anything of the sort.

David

Sep 1, 2007
I think I'm sticking to Luke Jermay's difficult but amazing pulse stop. If Wayne can top that, then I might consider purchasing Control, but suggestion ftw!!!

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Control does sound pretty good, well excellent infact... and im sure it'll be extremely practical and workable seeing as it's coming from Wayne Houchin.

From everything ive heard, it sounds like it uses a similar principle to the neck pulse stop, if so, then it's very good as your in control of not just the stopping of the pulse itself, but also the speed at which this happens etc.
Of course I could be WAY off.
I'll be picking it up for sure.

When it comes to worry over the old method... there is no real worry... this has been discussed many times on the cafe', and others have got in contact with doctors and hospital workers, ome even being in that proffession themselves... it's safe to perform.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Control does sound pretty good, well excellent infact... and im sure it'll be extremely practical and workable seeing as it's coming from Wayne Houchin.

From everything ive heard, it sounds like it uses a similar principle to the neck pulse stop, if so, then it's very good as your in control of not just the stopping of the pulse itself, but also the speed at which this happens, and even the actual beat itself.
Of course I could be WAY off.
I'll be picking it up for sure.

When it comes to worry over the old method... there is no real worry... this has been discussed many times on the cafe', and others have got in contact with doctors and hospital workers, ome even being in that proffession themselves... it's safe to perform.

It is extremely practical. I've never heard of the neck pulse stop principle, so I can't say, but you can most certainly change the speed of your pulse with Control.

@ dasuprememep: Luke Jermay's pulse stop is nice, but it isn't guaranteed to work. Also, the only added benefit is that you stop the spectator's pulse as well. Control is just as amazing, it is twenty times simpler, and it will work every time.

David

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
A little update guys:

I know a lot of you have experienced some form of false advertising or twisting the truth. Little things where somebody has taken the truth and mixed up their words a bit to make it sound better than it really is.

Now take Control. Over the past few weeks, you have been hearing a lot of amazing things about this impromptu miracle. Things that may seem a little far out there.

"How the hell can I make my pulse literally slow down or speed up without some kind of gimmick???"

I've been hearing a lot of those lately. And to tell you the truth, I'd be thinking the same thing if I didn't know the method. The potential of the effect and the possibilities if the hype is true are amazing! And to tell you the truth guys, everything you've read has been true.

Yes, you can literally do anything with your pulse.

Yes, you can hear your heart stop.

Yes, it is 100% impromptu.

Let's put it this way. I created/ learned the effect roughly 1 year ago. My mind is still reeling about how simple and perfect this is.

Guys, this has to be the impromptu effect. Actually, I take that back.

This is the best effect of 2008. PERIOD.

Now a lot of you have another question:

"How can you know this? 2008 just started."

Nothing will surpass this. Stigmata, Indecent, and DisTortion all fall in comparison to this true miracle (not that they are any less amazing).

This is not a suck-up post. This is true praise for a masterpiece.

Be prepared to feel, hear, and Control. No questions asked.

David Misner

Nov 1, 2007
People have different ideas of "impromptu", at times - are we talking impromptu as in no gimmicks, or borrowed-impromptu as in Sinful, Indecent, and Stigmata, where you could literally borrow everything and absolutely no pre-show work is necessary, you just stop your pulse on the spot, whenever you feel like it?

Sep 2, 2007
People have different ideas of "impromptu", at times - are we talking impromptu as in no gimmicks, or borrowed-impromptu as in Sinful, Indecent, and Stigmata, where you could literally borrow everything and absolutely no pre-show work is necessary, you just stop your pulse on the spot, whenever you feel like it?
In the Control news post -- http://theory11.com/news/news_article.php?NewsID=45 -- Wayne Houchin states that "there are no props or gimmicks - no setup or preparation."

Cheers,
JTM

Why do you call it a review for Control? Yes, you may know the method but Control is a routine Wayne created and a series of steps to make that routine come alive not just to know how to make his pulse stop. Second, I'm not convinced that you learned this a year ago, due to the fact you sound like your excited and bragging about being the creator. Kudo's to you for your creativity but what you figured out is the secret not the routine so I don't see how you can make a review of Control. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Shane.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Why do you call it a review for Control? Yes, you may know the method but Control is a routine Wayne created and a series of steps to make that routine come alive not just to know how to make his pulse stop. Second, I'm not convinced that you learned this a year ago, due to the fact you sound like your excited and bragging about being the creator. Kudo's to you for your creativity but what you figured out is the secret not the routine so I don't see how you can make a review of Control. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Shane.

Sorry if I was unclear. This is not a review of the routine. This is a review of the actual method, plain and simple.

If I sound like I was bragging, I'm sorry. That was not my intention at all. I was receiving a lot of questions and comments on how the effect sounded too good to be true, so I posted this to give people a member's perspective on Control. After all, you really could only hear from the staff, and not to be rude or anything, but they will always tend to be biased towards their products.

I just thought that it would be good to get another source about Control. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results